“Wonderful Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Warrens's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Eclectic, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East New Hampshire
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The chefs that evening and wait staff were completely friendly and helpful. Food was great - had the beef tenderloin. AND a must try - if you like spicy - is the jalepano or the habenero margaritas!

Visited September 2012

Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Disappointed - for the first time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We are frequent visitors to Chef Warren's and had a disappointing visit last night. Southern Pines was busy with a First Friday celebration, and as would be expected, Chef Warren's was pretty full.

We ordered a Crab Taco to share, and the flour tortilla was not warm, the crab was very uninteresting and lacking flavor, and the sauce added a little flavor.

The main courses were very good - in particular, one of my favorites on the menu, the duck breast was incredible as always. My wife's shrimp and pasta dish was also fine.

The dessert, a warm apple pie, which said it took, I believe 15 minutes to prepare, arrived in 5 minutes and was at room temperature, and not very tasty. The bottom was doughy, and just below Chef Warren's standards.

As I said, they were getting slammed at the time, and perhaps that is the excuse for not adequately warming the dessert.

They did remove the appetizer tacos from our bill. We will return, but pick our night more carefully.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“ho hum meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a reservation but still had to wait at the bar. Ugh. Then we had to carry our own drinks to our table, including one of the diners who is seven months pregnant.

Food was very delayed so hard to judge. Peach soup was more dessert like, and appetizers were good but not spectacular. Mojito was VERY sweet and curry tasted like sugar was in it. And I like sugar so this means it was WAY too sweet.

I had really wanted to try this restaurant and while it was ok, I would not return. It was a one time deal.

Visited August 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“One of the better meals on Broad Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We decided to stop here one evening for supper. The place was pretty busy, and we did not have a reservation but were seated right away. We were not treated rudely as a previous reviewer commented, but they were not overly friendly, so I can see where someone might be offended by the aloofness of the hostess, who was presumably Chef Warren's wife. I ordered the salmon which was delicious and perfectly cooked. I wish I could remember more about it, but it's been a couple of weeks, and I eat out a lot. My husband ordered the kangaroo app, which was very rich. I tried a piece and it had the density of sausage and the chewiness of stew meat. It was very good, and definitely best served as an appetizer. We ordered a couple of mojitos that were pretty good, also. Well definitely be back to Chef Warren's with bigger appetites.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“A small town gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We live within walking distance of Chef Warren's it is becoming a favorite. The cuisine is yummy and even more important to us, they are very flexible with their menu. My husband has celiac's disease and cannot eat wheat. Chef Warren has no problem accommodating that as well as any vegan friends that we bring. The atmosphere is perfect - low lighting and romantic or festive.

• Visited January 2012