“Worth the money” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were goimg to Southern Pines to attend a holiday party with some friends and needed a place to stay for the night. This hotel was a little bit more than some of the cheaper hotels in the area but well worth it! We were able to see some of those hotels since our friends were staying in other places. (I would definitely not recommend the Days Inn.) This Holiday Inn was very modern, the staff was very courteous and even comes with a hot buffet breakfast. Go on and spend a couple extra dollars , you will not regret it with this hotel!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Very nice hotel, showed up without a reservation but got a nice room....top rate accommodations, showed up to breakfast a half an hour before it shut down and food was a little limited but what was there was hot and fresh and good...again the staff was very helpful and friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby...many within walking distance.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is always good because there is no one above you.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I moved to the area for work recently... I had to stay at this hotel for two weeks until I found a place and it was the best hotel experience ever.... I recommend this hotel for all visitors of the area

• Stayed November 2013
Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

As a person who travels around the United States for a living, I have to call many hotels home... I have to give kudos to Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Southern Pines, for making my stay feel as such. The staff was extremely helpful to me day and night ! My room was very clean and comfortable. People may not think that simply remembering my name and asking if my stay is going well is a big deal, but I do. Thanks to Pierre for his help (pep talks) with finding great resturants in the area and helping me locate the nearest Fedex Office :). thanks to Lisa for making me laugh and making sure I had hot coffe and fruit at 5am before leaving out for work. My overall experience has been comforting, I cant wait to visit Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southern Pines again!

R.Johnson

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SANFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Clean room.Bathroom was especially clean. Bed was comfortable with choice of many pillows from soft to firm. Free breakfast.
Desk clerk inquired on where we were going to dinner and gave us a card for a free appetizer.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

As usual, I researched extensively and it was between this place, Hampton Inn & Suites (HI&S) of Aberdeen and Marriott’s Residence Inn (RI) of Southern Pines. I chose this due to the bedding reviews. Gotta have the right bedding or what’s the point. Although RI is currently rated #1, our last experience in a RI in Knoxville was similar to some of the reviews especially regarding the hard beds. So then, it was between the HIE or HI&S. Both sit nicely off the road.

As soon as we walked in, I exhaled. We were enthusiastically greeted and attended to by Pierre. He is professional, personable, driven and an excellent asset for HIE with future aspirations that set him above the rest, clearly an asset to HIE and anyone that hires him in the future. I’d hire him in a minute, Ritz Carlton Bound Young Man for sure! He made a difference. Housekeepers, in general and Rosa in particular, were delightful and sweet; our breakfast attendant, Citlali was attentive, always smiling, provided timely food stocking consistency and a clean dining area.

We stayed four nights and every morning was a different hot dishes (various egg options alternating sausage and bacon) along with the standards = biscuits, gravy, those incredible cinnamon rolls, mini-muffins (chocolate ones were to die for), white, wheat bread, English muffins and bagels to toast, fresh pancake maker, mini-fridge w/ boiled eggs and yogurt, quick oatmeal and grits packages, bananas, apples, peanut butter, etc. Coffee was good. Plenty options for those dieting or not.

We had a king suite which had a kitchenette complete w/mini-fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker and dinette table, sofa, spacious and VERY comfortable and clean. Loved the beds, king size pillow and linens.

In response to earlier review regarding the water, if it had been any hotter it would have caused 1st degree burns, plus significant water flow. Go figure.

It’s a quite location, setting off the main road and behind Chili’s and Bone Fish Grill (very walkable). I always set the HVAC thermostat fan mode to “ON” which creates great white noise and promotes significant sleep.

Would stay again on our next visit and recommend to all. This should be #1 Hotel in Southern Pines.

Room Tip: Room 321 was nice and quite, turn on the "ON" fan mode for white sound.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I enjoyed my Stays at the hotel, Pierre was awesome and he helped when i had a problem ( it was just a minor phone problem). the room was nice, clean and a great size. and the breakfast was great as well! i didn't get a chance to use the pool but it looked nice lol the location of the hotel was great, right beside a Walmart and near lots of places to eat.

Room Tip: Any Room is Great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!