“Value and kindness are an understatement.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaward Inn

Seaward Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sneads Ferry
Seaward Inn
You added Seaward Inn to your Saves list
1122 Hwy 210, Sneads Ferry, NC 28460   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sneads Ferry
“Value and kindness are an understatement.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time in December of 2011 visiting a friend in the Marines stationed at New River. When I first arrived I asked how close the beach was because he was at work 2 more hours. She very kindly offered for me to ride with her and her son to the beach once I got my belongings into the room. The room was a normal hotel room 2 beds nice bathroom and a full fridge and tv. Well I enjoyed my trip very much she made me feel very comfortable. Then I returned this past month in June. She has done so much to help improve the property she had taken over in september. The rooms are freshly painted beds are very clean new televisions. Just very clean and patriotic hotel. Jean is an amazing woman who always puts her customers needs before her own. I will continue to go back to her and her brothers establishment. I have never felt more at home in a hotel then there!

• Stayed June 2012

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My family also stayed in the large room with the kitchen. There were 8 of us and it slept us all! The beds were very comfortable, the pull out couch no so much but then again what pull out couch is. The staff were wonderful and attentive. Never saw a bug in the room and we stayed 5 days. I must add how much I LOVED the bathroom its huge wonderful to go and relax after a day at the beach. Location is wonderful to! Wouldn't change anything. keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed there this past weekend. First of all it's not the Ritz or a Holiday Inn. In many ways it's better. The attention to any concerns was top priority by Jane, the manager. No brush off or having to wait until some staff member decides to lift a finger. She really cares about the property. In fact it appears she runs the property all by herself.

The location is great for getting to the Marine base, the beaches, many local attractions and restaurants. The room I had was large enough for 4 people and was quite clean. The bed is comfortable. Was surprised to find the room has a full size fridge.

Only two complaints: Use of low wattage CFLs which are too dim for reading in bed. WiFi is not reliable and is weak. You may have to make repeated attempts to connect. Bring an Ethernet cable and plug in to the box on the night stand for a stable connection.

If you plan on staying there bring Jane some books as she enjoys reading.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Lenox, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

That is how I would describe our stay at Seaward Inn in Sneads Ferry! We were in the Jacksonville, NC area awaiting our son's return from Afghanistan. We wanted to stay out of the hustle and bustle of the town, so we decided on this property. We could not have asked for a better stay! We opted for the larger room with the kitchenette. It is totally worth the small added fee. The room is very spacious with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. Huge bathroom. You have room to move around without tripping over each other. Bring your own pots, pans and dishes and you will be right at home! Very quiet and far away from the hustle and bustle. There are several options for food if you don't want to cook your own. We recommend Rick's and Madison's which are both 5 minutes or less from the property. Great food at both. The manager will make every effort possible to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. The entire staff is very friendly and helpful. If you want a Ritz-Carlton then stay in one, but if you want down home comfort and come-as-you are hospitality, then the Seaward Inn is for you!

Room Tip: Get a room with the kitchenette....it's worth it!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Port Charlotte, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I was totally disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. Although the room was supposed to be smoke free, the other occupants stayed out on the balcony smoking and the smoke filtered into the room. Two of my personal items were removed from the room (2 pillows) needed for my neck pain. There is no way these items could have disappeared without the managements knowledge!! I am totally upset!! Never again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
SeawardInn, Manager at Seaward Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
I would really like to apologize that your stay was not what you hoped.
All of our rooms non smoking, to keep our non smoking guests happy. We have to keep in mind that some of our guests are smokers, and we do supply ash trays outside of each room for them, as we understand their needs, as well as our nonsmokers. I am very sorry that the smoke filtered into your room as it did. I plan on speaking to our maintenance person to see if there is any way to fix this issue, so it would not be a future problem for guests.
I am saddened to hear ou did not feel your room was not up to your standanrds in cleanliness. We strive to keep our hotel to the same standards as other hotels, and when I know one of my guests is not happy, or feels we can do more to improve, I appreciate feedback on that. I want each guests that stays to feel at home in out hotel.
And, I am also sorry that your pillows are missing. When we went in your room, the morning you checked out, we did not see them in the room. We stripped the linens and did the wash, and they were not in with our things. When you came back we did look all around the room with you to help try to find them. I really did wish we would have had them for you, as it has been told to us you have pain in your neck without them. I had hoped that once you got home and unpacked you would have found them.
We want ALL of our guests to leave here happy. We are always glad for a chance to make someone happy, and see our guests go home with a smile. I would like to apologize once again that your stay was not the same as our other guests, and I would also like to thank you for your information so we can continue to improve on your hotel and help our guests feel welcome and want to return each time they visit our area.

Travelers are raving about these Sneads Ferry hotels

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed at the Seaward for a week, and the staff was always helpful and very nice. The rooms are very clean as well. Will definately stay here again if traveling this way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Snead's Ferry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This motel just recently under went a change of management and the new owners have, in the short time (2 weeks of ownership), made major renovations! If you liked the potential of this motel in previous months, then you can see the dramatic changes they have made. They have painted rooms, shampooed carpets, pressure washing the decks, and allow all animals! All a plus in our book! As for the spiders, well, it doesn't matter how much you spray, (Orkin had come out to do an inspection of the outside premises during our stay) it's North Carolina, bugs are always there!

We stayed in the suite with a fridge, stove and microwave, and although it doesn't have a dishwasher, you can always hand wash whatever utensils offered or purchase plastic ware! They have major plans to really make this motel a spectacular and homey place to stay while in the area!

Being a military family and having to move frequently, we chose this motel due to location and they have been beyond hospitable, by meeting the local military rates as well as offering us a long term rental discount as we go through the home buying process! I would recommend this place to anyone military! And when its that time for us to move again, we will use this place as we check out! Customer service and care is their top priority!

Thanks Jean for all your help! You are a life saver!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Seaward Inn? Share your experiences!