“Great chicken and BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Brush Creek, Tennessee
“Great chicken and BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We visited today and had a great meal! Loved the combo plate with some of the juiciest fried chicken I've ever had, and the BBQ was excellent as well. I'm a BBQ snob, and it has to be just right to get my attention. This does for sure, not saucy, just pulled pork with a vinegar based sauce sprinkled on top. Excellent hush puppies as well! Will come back next time I'm in the area.

London, United Kingdom
“Great Pulled Pork BBQ North Carolina Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was the first food we had in good old North Carolina....I really cannot remember what we ate apart from the Brunswick Stew and Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich and it was great and really tasty...the BBQ sauce brilliant!

Its a bit like a a fast food BBQ shop...a NC version of MacDonalds or KFC...but at the cheap price we paid...less than $8 per person..great value and filling

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma
“Not as good as the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Sides were great. Banana pudding rocked. BBQ was really dry and I'm not a big fan of the seasonings. Hush puppies were good as well.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal at Smithfield's and would recommend to others. The BBQ and hush puppies were wonderful and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mantua, NJ
“Tasty BBQ, Friendly Environment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Smithfield's is a required stop on our yearly vacation--and we have visited all three locations off of I-85 (exits 231, 153 and 124). Their BBQ pork is my husband's favorite and we always bring a jar of their house sauce home with us for him to savor until our next trip. I usually either get their fried chicken or brunswick stew and hushpuppies. The restaurants are always very clean and their staff are some of the most friendly I have ever encountered in a fast food restaurant. I do wish their menu was a little more detailed--it took me a couple of trips to realize that I could get a 1/2 pint of the brunswick stew and 6 hushpuppies instead of the larger sizes.

Excellent stop on I-85--we highly recommend it!!!

• Visited October 2013