“A good piece of the old south” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 76 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American
Chatham, Massachusetts
“A good piece of the old south”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The restaurant had white and black tile floors, the food was very good, and at a very low price with a discount from our museum visit.

Visited February 2013

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Lunch December 2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband had a Cuban sandwich and I had beer can chicken lunch with coleslaw which was very good and the price was right. We both agreed the service was good and food excellent. Restaurant is across from Ava Gardner museum so is in a good location and was able to park in front of diner. We both would go back again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent local eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went here for breakfast 2 days in a row during our stay at the Best Western (also excellent). I prefer to find a local establishment versus all the chain places by the highway. All the customers knew one another - very small town atmosphere. Good chocolate chip pancakes and my husband liked his eggs. I'll be back

Visited November 2012
Smithfield, North Carolina
“Great hometown place and all are welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Diner is a great place. We eat there many times a week. I have never had anything bad.
Larry is always ready to fill your request. They also cater and speaking from experience, it
is great. If you are looking for good food at a great price without all of the frills, THE DINER IS THE
PLACE TO GO,

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

After hearing a lot about the Diner, I thought I'd try it out for lunch. I went in on a Thursday during the lunch hour. The food was great, there's no doubt about that; however, the speed and quality of the service left a little to be desired. What's more, it's a pet peeve of mine if someone who comes in after me is served their meal before me, and that exact thing happened here because the party were "regulars." That aside, the Diner is worth a visit if you're in Smithfield. Their daily specials are always a pleasant surprise.

• Visited August 2012