“best stay ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 S. Equity Drive, I-95 & B-70, ext 95, Smithfield, NC 27577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Smithfield
Albany, New York
“best stay ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Due to the weather...3-4 inches of snow we had to stay the night. Best dission ever!! The room was clean and the bed were very comfortable...not a bad price either. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful. They recommended a wonderful mexcian restaurant in walking distance that gave us a 10% discount since we were staying at the hotel. In the morning we were greeted by the wonderful staff. Allowed us to grab some breakfast even tho it wasn't quit opened yet. This was the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. The staff made us feel so much at home, it felt like our little getaway from home. To make things ever better the front desk even had ice scrappers available for guest to us. Now in a state/town that does not get snow on a regular bases there is no use to have a scrapper on hand. But they did.....what other hotel would or did have ice scrappers available for guest use? This shows me how much they care about thier guest. This has become my go to hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
gm_nc510, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2014

Kind Regards,

B. Patel
9199384444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dedham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am surprised at all the positive reviews for this hotel - this is the first time that TripAdvisor reviews have led us astray in choosing a hotel. We stayed here for one night while traveling on I-95. The hallway of our floor of non-smoking rooms reeked of smoke, although we did not smell any smoke in our non-smoking room. The hallway as well as our room looked like it had not been vacuumed in months. The mirrors and bathroom faucet in our room were dirty, walls had all sorts of spots and marks on them, pillows were uncomfortable, and the bath towels were very rough. The water pressure in the shower was very, very low. Only positive is that the breakfast was decent. There are many other hotel options in Smithfield and I would recommend checking them out before choosing the Comfort Inn.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had stayed often in Smithfield, at other nearby hotels, so I thought I would try the Comfort Inn. It started off badly, as they are constructing a new road going to the hotels and mall nearby. It was raining and almost dark, and we road right by the hotel, as there was no sign facing the new section of road. Thankfully, I had the address for my GPS, plus I knew it was close to the other hotels nearby. A sign of some type should have been facing the road, so weary travelers would not have to wander around in the dark.
The clerk was quiet, but pleasant. She took all of our information, as I had reservations. She gave me the keys to our room, and mentioned nothing of the breakfast time, or any other amenities. I happen to be in the waiting area a few hours later when I overheard another desk clerk tell a traveler all of the information that we missed.
The continental breakfast was very basic, Jimmy Dean biscuits, cereal, muffins, juice, and coffee. Chick Fil A and Bojangles are nearby, so I recommend going there, not to mention Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans.
The bed was not comfortable, and it sloped to the sides. I felt as if I would fall off, unless I was very near the center of the bed. The pillows were musty, so we did not use them. We always travel with our own pillows for that reason.
I've been in worse places, but in 45 years of travel, I can count them on one hand.

Smithfield is a nice place, and there are much better hotel options very nearby. The price is not much different, and you will be glad you did.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Unfortunately that was not the case on your last stay and I apologize for that. Also in regards to a sign near the road to direct traffic. We in fact do have a sign once you turn onto Industrial Drive there is a sign. Out of all the hotels located in this area we are the only ones that have a sign to direct traffic to the hotel.

Kind Regards,

B. Patel
9199384444
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Smithfield, NC on our way to a Thanksgiving Vacation in Myrtle Beach. The hotel was a bit confusing to find in the dark as there was road construction in the area and traffic patterns we were unfamiliar with around the outlets. We saw the hotel fine. It was just getting to it, which was probably our problem. The hotel itself was great. They have two rooms that have three queen beds which was perfect for our family of five. This is an option that is not found in many hotels. Check-in went well and we were recognized by the staff as a Choice Privileges Member. The room was clean, the staff friendly, and the interior corridors well maintained. The room air unit was quiet and worked flawlessly as we needed heat during our stay. The breakfast was excellent with eggs, sausage, and a variety of cereals, coffee, and juices. Our only issue was the shower. We are usually invigorated by the shower when we stay at Comfort Inn. However, the water pressure for our shower at this Comfort Inn was excruciatingly low and was not relaxing at all. We thought it was the shower head but there was no adjustment we could make to that or the faucet to increase water pressure. Other than that issue, we were comfortable in our spacious room with our flat screen television. Although the outlets were closed during our visit, we were interested in returning in the future to experience them. We would stay at this Comfort Inn again and recommend it to others. A new shower head and/or taking a look at the water pressure would make our experience a complete five star. We look forward to staying with you again.

Room Tip: This Comfort Inn has two rooms which have three queen beds. Great option when traveling as a family...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Harrells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stay at this Comfort Inn very often with my business travels for Ezzell Trucking out of Harrells, NC, the largest wood residual carrier in the southeastern region. By calling ahead to Choice Privileges the check-in process is quick and very friendly. With easy elevator access I enter the room that is always not only clean, but smells clean & fresh. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance or take a short drive on the same frontage road to Carolina Pottery Outlet. In the morning for breakfast the choices are plentiful COFFEE, sausage, eggs, waffles, fresh fruits, or juices. Then I am ready to go, weather I'm traveling north or south on I-95 the interstate access is easy & several gas stations in route (price per gallon lowest in the area). Enjoy your stay, I hope to see you at Comfort Inn, Smithfield, NC. Alan

Room Tip: I have never had to change rooms at this hotel, and they have lots of king size rooms with sofas!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
plant city,fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

its a good place to stay. Very clean and nice. Didn't explore too much as I was dead tired when I checked in. Internet connection was a little slow but it works. Free complimentary breakfast in the morning was nice. Very close to the I-95, so traffic getting in or going out. I felt parking places were minimum and dark, they need proper lighting to maintain safety of the guests during night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent value. Clean rooms and good free breakfast. Check-in was easy and the staff was very friendly. Very reasonable price for an updated room and hot breakfast. Electrical outlets on the lamps were a great help for electronics.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!