“This hotel was fine, but breakfast was mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Smithfield
Washington, DC
“This hotel was fine, but breakfast was mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

There is nothing wrong with this place. It was sparkling clean, and in summer the pool is nice. The staff is helpful and professional. My only suggestion is that Sleep Inn reconsider what it is offering for breakfast, and get a different, better-grade coffee. Breakfast was a foraging expedition for something not sugary and with protein. The little prepackaged squares of cheddar cheese were a nice find, but with such bad coffee, my troupe headed over to McDonald's. I am not diabetic, but if I were, breakfast there would have been out of the question. My other suggestion would be to drop the use of the very strong air freshener...a bit of a choker at first. The beds were average, but the pillows were great! Plenty of soft, downy-like pillows, which is what I prefer. The bathroom was large, clean and very nice. As for location, you are right there at all the outlet stores. I would stay here again if the situation presented itself, but this place is so close to being REALLY NICE that I offer these comments in the spirit of constructive criticism, and a gentle caveat to travelers 1)hoping for a good breakfast and 2)sensitive to perfumey air fresheners. I did actually get used to the scent after a while, but if you are super sensitive, you might want to inquire before booking as to whether they have opted to go for something more neutral or maybe even have dropped the use of the air freshener altogether. I am thinking they might use it because there are smoking rooms (but I did not smell cigarette smoke) up on the third floor.

• Stayed October 2009
mboyette, sales director at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, October 17, 2009
We are featuring Maxwell House coffees and delicious hot Belgian waffles along with a deluxe continental breakfast. We hope you will be back soon to also enjoy our fresh baked cookies as an afternoon treat!

We have also added lots of our comfy pillows to each bed, to make your stay a cozy one.

Hope to see you soon!

MBoyette
Sales Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was immaculate. Mary at the front desk was very accomodating. When I told her I had Asthma and couldn't be anywhere near cigarette smoke, she immediately moved me to a completely non-smoking floor. Very helpful with eating and shopping places.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
mboyette, sales director at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
You were so kind to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We always want to make you feel right at home and comfortable after a long trip. Please come see us again soon.

MBoyette
hilton head island, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Clean rooms, reasonable rate and beds were very comfortable. Slept like a log. Hotel recommended a pizza place (Nicks) that was just behind the hotel that had wonderful pizza and sandwiches. Stayed at the Comfort Inn at this exit and would pick the Sleep Inn everytime over it. Will be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
mboyette, sales director at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
We enjoyed having you stay with us so much! We love sharing some of our favorite places with our quests.Thanks for your excellent review. We love making our quests happy. Hope we see you again soon,

MBoyette, Sales Director
northcarolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

This hotel has everything you will need for a good night's stay. Indoor, clean rooms with micro/fridge,a computer if needed, good internet connection, a workout room, a pool and breakfast in the morning. I have stayed at many hotels without all these amenities for much higher rate. I will always pick this hotel when passing through Smithfield!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
lucian83, Sales Director at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, July 8, 2009
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete
our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and
we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making
each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to
be of service to you in the future.
Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of
assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 919-

919-209-2360 fax 919-209-2372
www.choicehotels.com/hotel/nc466
Wrightsville Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

This hotel is a hidden gem in Smithfield. I have stayed here several times over the last three years and always have had a good experience. According to the staff they are the number one Sleep Inn in the country and I can see why. Even though months go by until I return they still remember my name.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
amyrose270, sales director at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this review, July 11, 2009
We truly enjoy your visits and look forward to you coming to see us again soon! Thanks so much for your kind review.

Mary Boyette
Sleep Inn & Suites
270 North Equity Drive
Smithfield, NC 27577
919-209-2360 fax 919-209-2372
www.choicehotels.com/hotel/nc466
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I was driving from Charleston, SC to the DC area, and needed to stop off. My GPS suggested the Sleep Inn. I called the hotel, and their rate was very reasonable. When I arrived, she offered me a different rate. I'm not sure what their actual publishe rates are. It sort of felt like "let's make a deal." I was able to negotiate for a cheaper rate.

They offered free extended continental breakfast, which included yogurts, cheese, and belgium waffles. The room was spacious and looked to be newly renovated. The bathroom was large. Microwave and fridge were provided in the room.

There are Carolina outlets just a minute's drive away! It's right off the highway. There aren't many restaurants nearbye, but a great place to relax for a night.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Clean, comfortable, good continental breakfast and reasonable rates. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The internet worked fine. The hotel is conveniently located off of I-95 and there are several restaurants within walking distance. This is the fourth time I've stayed at this Sleep Inn while on trips up and down I-95 and it is always a pleasure .

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield? Share your experiences!