“Excellent and Affordable!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Smithfield
East Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Excellent and Affordable!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The rooms were so clean and the Hotel was right off the exit. Our family enjoyed the breakfast and the staff was so helpful with all our questions! It made our road trip a pleasure! We cant stop thinking of those cinnamon buns!!!!! The manager was our favorite!!!!!! He made us feel at home! Your Staten Island/Connecticut friends will be back on our yearly pass to Florida! Happy 2013

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SmithfieldHotelStaff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We are so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your travels! We know after traveling long hours all you really want is a place to relax. That is why we try our best in making every guest feel as if they are at home! Our General Manager Joe Lynch honestly cares about our guest and it show through his everday actions! Thank you so much for your positive comments and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future!

Harmony Fisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chevy Chase, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Like so many exits off the Maine-to-Florida Interstate-95, Smithfield, NC looms with roadside signs perched on sky-high sticks like lollipops and hawking beds, food and gasoline. Smithfield, however, does warrant some further scrutiny. The city is known for peanut-fed pigs--Smithfield hams, for its historic though dog-eared downtown and a well-maintained, 80-store outlet mall with mid-to-upscale brands like Ralph Lauren, Coach, Brooks Brothers, Talbots and Timberland, Gap and J.Crew.
Hitting those shops can easily take a day, and a night to sleep it off. All the hotels and motels are largely commodified stucco monoliths that, for their services and few amenities, merit some respect if not real affection. We picked the Holiday Inn Express largely on the assumption that since it went up only eight months earlier, it would have suffered little wear. That was a good call. Our room, No. 401, on the fourth of four floors, is called a suite, though that's a stretch. It was ideally furnished and equipped, with, among other things, a large flat-screen TV. The thermostat was tricky to adjust, and the wall leaked with the coughs of our immediate neighbor. It was also disconcerting that the breakfast room ran out of fruit long before most guests had come down to eat.
But overall, this place works very well, and we wouldn't hesitate to try it again.

Room Tip: For a little extra space and slight added cost, try a suite, like our No. 401
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Peter K,

Thank you so much for allowing us to host while you were in The Smithfield area. Yes, Smithfield is know for many awesome things from historical sites to Ava Gardner to Smithfield hams to The Hinnat Family Vineyards and of course Carolina Premium Outlets. I am happy you enjoy yourself but sad that your rest was disturbed by a noisey neighybor. we have been working hard to be proactive in solving this issues and as well as the issues you experienced during the busy hours of business. Thank you for your words of advice and also stating you would return. Please contact me directly on your return visit at the hotel level, I would love to welcome you personally and make sure my team gives you the TLC you deserve. Your loyalty and trust mean the world to us. Hope you have safe travels and stay blessed!

High Regards,

Joe Lynch

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotel is new, clean and staff very helpful. Location is a little tricky to find but a quick call to the front desk and I was given detailed directions. My only issue was the room's heating system. For some odd reason half of the unit blew out cold air and the other half blew warm air. The front desk was agreeable to a room move but we found the heating unit in the second room to have the same issue. After several hours of the room never getting warm, I laid a towel over the half of the unit blowing the cold air and allowed the warm air to blow freely. This was a temporary solution and I hope the hotel has come up with a permanent, safer resolution.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We know you have many chocies when traveling on I95, and we truely appreciate feedback from guest such as yourself. If were are not made aware of an issue, no matter how big or small, we can not correct the problem. So thank you again for helping us make the changes it takes to go from "almost perfect" to perfection.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We drove from Boston. Just pulled over and stopped cause we saw the sign and we trust the name. Again we were not disappointed. The gentleman at the front at 4 am was very accommodating and friendly. Made us feel comfortable and welcome as soon as we stepped in the doors. In the am I checked out the facilities. Very clean!!!!! And the am manager's were just as awesome and personable. Made our trip even better. I hope to come threw again!!!! And we got a coupon for free waffles!!!!!!

Thanks guy!!!!!!
Rebecca

• Stayed December 2012
SmithfieldHotelStaff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Smithfield are more than happy to be your "4AM Rescue" anytime you are in the area. I had the pleasure of speaking with you before you left and I truely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience! You and your family are what we like to call "Everyday Heros" in the hospitality industry. My General Manager and I are always delighted to hear such an awesome story to start our day. Thank you for being such a great guest and our team hopes to see you again soon! Happy Holidays from our family to yours!

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were traveling on I-95 from Florida to Pennsylvania and just had to stop for the night. We found the Holiday Inn Express in Smithfield. There were many hotels to choose from at this exit but we opted for Holiday Inn's reputation. I expected it to be very expensive but was surprised by the reasonable rate.

The room was very nice, comfortable and clean. Didn't have a chance to check out the pool but it looked very inviting. There are many restaurants close to the hotel as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel for weary travelers who want a nice stay and excellent service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SmithfieldHotelStaff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
So glad you loved our hotel and we truely appreciate you giving us such high recommendations. We strive for excellence everyday and for you to take the time to leave us positive feed back means the world to us. Hopefully next time you are in the area you can take some time to kick back in our heated pool!

Jewett City, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband & I arrived at Holiday Inn Espress with doubts knowing that we had booked this stay on line from CT. Well, as soon as we walked through the door to check in we were treated by a wonderful nice lady by the name of Christine. She treated us with upmost importance as her guests. She strived for Excellent Customer Service and suceeded beyond our expectations.She made us feel welcomed. Whenever we had any questions the rest of the staff at the front desk were also very helpful. The breakfast was in great gesture but did feel after being there for 3 days it could have been different choices but it was still very good. My husband fell ill after the 3 day and we had to cut our trip short and when we went to the front desk we met with "Joe Lynch" the General Manager, who is also a true asset to your company. He was extremely professional and when you have someone like Joe that does truly care it makes all the difference whether you return to the Holiday Inn Express. Kudo's to Joe & his Staff for a great experience. Thank you very much and if we ever get back to the area, Holiday Inn Express will be our Hotel Of "Choice".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Smithfield belive that great service starts with a great staff. Our team believes in going above and beyond for every guest. Sometimes its the small things that make a huge impact, and could make the difference between good to great service. Even though Joe is the General Manager, you will always catch him running around the hotel helping out in every area. He also loves to take the time to talk to guest and he genuinely cares about every comment he recieves, whether good or bad. His leadership skills have inspired our entire staff to follow in his foot steps. Our team would like to personally thank you for recognizing our efforts and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this location on our way south. The service at the front desk was exceptional. Hotel and rooms were all spotless. Breakfast had very good choices.
Interesting, hotel has an indoor salt water pool.
Location is in the middle of some great shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SmithfieldHotelStaff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Smithfield NC value every guest and we are truely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Guest satisifaction is a major part of our everyday experience. To hear that our "front desk agent's service was exceptional", gives us confirmation of the effort for excellence because guest like yourself make it all enjoyable and worth while. I invite you come back to stay with any time you are in the area! Thank you for your feed back and loyalty!

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95? Share your experiences!