“Great Business Stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Shelby

You added Comfort Inn Shelby to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Shelby
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2012 East Marion St, Shelby, NC 28150 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Shelby
Hamilton, OH
“Great Business Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed several days. Great place to stay while on business, clean and quiet!! Look carefully for the turn in, it's by Denny's. Billboards were most helpful!

I was an early "check in" for a multi day stay ... they accommodated in the midst of their clean up schedule beautifully.

This will be a regular stop on business.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Margie R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, yesterday

704-482-5666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The stafff was professional and quick, they valued our time. The rooms were nice and clean. They have continental breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends. The rooms have a microwave with small refrigerator.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Margie R, Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

White Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

All was well. I stayed for three nights. For the most part the breakfast offerings were plentiful and well stocked except for the morning that bacon was the meat product served. Even though I was later to breakfast than probably most of the guests, there was no bacon in the serving pan and no breakfast staff around to ask for more. We asked the front desk for assistance and more bacon was provided. I stayed on the second floor and found the hallway lighting to be a bit dim even though all of the lights were working. I might suggest a little brighter lighting in the hallways so that the hotel does not look so dreary and uninviting. The hotel was quiet at night and I did not have any issue with sleeping. It did take a while for the shower water to get warm enough, but it never did get hot. Parking was plentiful. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. During my business day, I had forgotten to pick up a clipboard at one of my stops and someone was to drop it off at the hotel. I asked Brandon at the front desk to please accept it for me as I was going out for dinner. When I returned, I did not need to ask for the clipboard as Brandon saw me arriving and handed it to me as I walked in the door. Great service. I did not use the fitness room but it did seem to have enough equipment. Generally an excellent stay.

Room Tip: The first floor room corridor smelled of smoke so I presume that this is the smoking allowed rooms b...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Margie R, Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, March 18, 2015

Croton on Hudson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

The room was spacious and clean, the bathroom was well stocked (including a hair dryer), and the bed was very comfortable. Nice to have the small refrigerator and microwave. Comfortable armchair in addition to the small desk with chair. Breakfast was heavy on the carbs, and the juice machine was broken; on the other hand, the biscuits were light and flaky. We came back in the evening and the front desk had a plate of fresh cookies on offer. Front desk staff were super helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Margie R, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, February 23, 2015

Rosemarie Nixon
Director of Sales
Comfort INN Shelby, NC
704-482-5666.
Vidalia, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015 via mobile

While there are other choices in the Shelby area I wound up staying here due to the proximity to my business needs. Stayed 3 nights in 3 separate rooms (checked out each morning) and found that each of them was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. All of the staff that I dealt with were exceptionally helpful and knowledgable of the area (food, shopping, etc). While there is not a lot to do in the area there is a small mall and multiplex theatre directly across from the hotel as well as several places to dine nearby.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Margie R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, January 13, 2015

Margie Rainey
greensboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

I was here for two nights. The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. It was nice to have a choice of pillows. This made for some good rest on an otherwise busy weekend. It was very clean and up to date. The fridge and microwave came in handy for snacks. Breakfast was pretty good and was kept well stocked for the big crowd we had there. The shower could have been hotter but it was very cold outside that weekend. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, some in walking distance. The mall is right next door too. Check in and check out were a breeze. Rose did a great job with all of us leaving at the same time.

Room Tip: low number rooms are at the end of a very long hallway.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Margie R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, November 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are grateful you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort INN Shelby!! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future! Our team strives to give all of our guest excellent service, I will make sure the comments are passed to our team.

Margie Rainey
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

I stayed here for 12 nights while in the area on business. There were four of us in two rooms. Upon check-in we found that our room had a terrible acrid-sweet smell, as if a bad odor was being masked by WAY too much air freshener. We immediately asked for another room and the front desk accommodated us immediately.
The next morning, we discovered we had no hot water in the shower. It was lukewarm at best. We mentioned this to the front desk and were told that's just what happens in the morning when everyone takes showers at the same time. Really? I've stayed at lots of hotels and most do NOT have this problem. Those establishments assume peak capacity and design water heaters to account for it. Apparently not here. We complained 3 more times over the course of our stay and were told, "sorry", "we'll look into it", and "we'll have maintenance check it out" by various front desk personnel. In 12 days we NEVER ONCE HAD A HOT SHOWER - no matter what time of day we attempted to shower. This is unacceptable in a hotel.
Also, over the course of our extended stay, the key cards to our rooms quit working and had to be reissued 4 times! The first time it happened we were told by the lady at the front desk that, "we should be careful, because these cards can become de-magnetized." Really? It's our fault that four keys to two rooms quit working? Three of us even kept them in our wallets and our credit cards were working just fine. Instead of passing blame to the guests, how about owning up to the fact that the person who issued the cards coded them wrong? My roommate and I had to get new keys 3 more times after this first incident, but luckily didn't get any lame excuses, just an apology and new key cards.
I'd rate the hotel lower, but will give it 2 stars because the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. However, any hotel that cannot provide hot water for a shower a single time in 12 days deserves a POOR rating. Should I ever return to the area, I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Margie R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
My staff and I greatly apologize for your inconveniences. We have addressed the issues pertaining hot water and it has now been resolved. We strive to exceed our guests expectations. I hope in the future you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you.

Been to Comfort Inn Shelby? Share your experiences!