“Internet Sucks” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Shelby

You added Super 8 Shelby to your Saves list
Super 8 Shelby
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1716 East Dixon Boulevard, I-85 to Hwy 74W Exit 10B, Shelby, NC 28152-6948   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelby
Howell, MI
“Internet Sucks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This place was not terrible for the price and for just a place to rest and sleep. The people at the desk were very nice and helpful to give us dinner suggestions too. But the Internet connectivity was terrible. I needed to do my work and could not because the connection keep dropping. When we complained, we were told it was always like that when it rained, so I just was not able to work at all and that was very disappointing because I needed to. And the breakfast was very simple and not much for variety. I am on a low fat diet and so I did eat the cereal. But a lady came to eat that was a diabetic and she could not find anything she could eat as she did not eat cereal. The OJ tasted like SunnyD--not good. But for the money for the room, it was a bonus

Room Tip: If you have a choice, don't get a room towards the road because the road noise is LOUD! The roo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lancaster, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I do not recommed this place to anyone. The room smelled like body oder. Bathroom was very dirty. Ice Machine was broken on 1 st floor. Did not even go into lobby for breakfast because when I checked in I could see how dirty this place was.(thought room would be ok) Needs to be updated. No battery in smoke alarm. Went to Wal Mart got cleaning supplies and cleaned room. THIS PLACE NEEDS CLEANED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
arlington,va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Dirty Sheets, dried blood stains. Woke up with bug bites all over my body. Found an actual dead bed bug in bed with me. Stripped sheets from both beds and took to front desk with the offending bug to show desk manager. Not much of a reaction and no surprise. Offered me a 10% discount and also discount on a future stay. I don't think so! Gross, Disgusting!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Shelby? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Shelby

Address: 1716 East Dixon Boulevard, I-85 to Hwy 74W Exit 10B, Shelby, NC 28152-6948
Location: United States > North Carolina > Shelby
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelby
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Shelby 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Shelby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Super 8 Shelby, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.