“Much Improved” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Chicken Wings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant. We pride ourselves on our food quality. We serve the freshest fish anywhere around. We know this because we catch the fish ourselves. If we don't have it, it's not biting! We have 7 big screen TV's around the restaurant so you can enjoy a wide array of sporting events while dining on any of our delicious menu options.
Shallotte, North Carolina
“Much Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a delicious, homey dinner there tonight. Apparently it changed ownership in April and the food is much better then it was when we tried it (2 times) in summer 2012.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Holden Beach, North Carolina
“Improve the wings or change the name.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I ordered wings since I was at the wing co. A mistake. They were small, meatless, overcooked making them dry on the inside and over saturated with so-so sauce on the outside. Honey garlic was like sweet water with raw garlic and the medium heat was OK. The worst blue cheese dressing ever. It tasted like powdered ranch that had not been diluted enough and a few pieces of dried blue cheese the size of sesame seeds. Horrible artificial flavor! I thought the wings were expensive for what you got. Twenty wings for $17 and the basket was only half full.
The thing to order seems to be a variety of seafood at reasonable prices. I will try again and just pretend I'm at the Carolina Fish Co. Service was average for the area, spacey airhead.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SMCM7911, Owner at Wing and Fish Company, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience. All of our sauces and dressings are homemade from scratch. We are actually changing our name very soon to reflect the fresh fish we bring in from our fleet of boats. The new name will be "OIFC Wing and Fish Company." I sincerely hope you make a return visit and try us out again.
Holden Beach, North Carolina
“Nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Last Saturday June 15, 2013 we wanted to give Carolina Wing Company a try. I had the fried seafood plate, and my wife had the boneless chicken wings. The seafood and wings were very good. The service and the upscale atmosphere was great. All the waitresses were hopping. Might have been because Capt. Brant was keeping his eye on things. Just because I think the price may be a little high will not keep us away. We will be back to try more items off the menu.
Charlie and Bonnie

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SMCM7911, Owner at Wing and Fish Company, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thanks for coming in and for your review! We really appreciate our repeat customers and hope to always have that fun and "hopping" environment you mentioned!
Tabor City, North Carolina
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 4-5 times and the wings are always great. The service however has ranged from medicore to awful. The last time I was there I waited 15 minutes and walked out because no one had even said hello. I doubt I will return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
As new owners of the Wing Company, we knew we had hurdles to jump to improve the reputation. We have jump started our staff and really enforced excellent customer service. That is very important to my management team. I understand your frustration and I'm very sorry. Please accept my invitation to return and let us try again.
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Best Restaurant in Ocean Isle Beach / Shallotte North Carolina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you have not eaten at The Carolina Wing Company, you have missed out! This place is wonderful. The owner is a fabulous fisherman who catches all the fish! It does not get any better than this. If your in the mood for the freshest fish, wings, or whatever... This is the place to go!! When I am in NC, I eat there every day and night. The Best!!!

• Visited May 2013