“BEST STAY OF OUR TRIP” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn

Save Saved
You added Days Inn to your Saves list
Days Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3670 Express Drive, on North Mulberry Road, Shallotte, NC 28470 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Shallotte)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Shallotte
NW Ohio
“BEST STAY OF OUR TRIP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our family vacation to Myrtle Beach, and I must say that this hotel is BY FAR the best Day's Inn I have ever stayed at, and was the BEST hotel out of the four Wyndham owned properties that my family stayed at during the week. The front desk staff was excellent and they went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. They even called another hotel for a gal when she came inside from the pouring rain for a room only to find out the hotel was booked solid. The breakfast was excellent, the pool was clean and every square inch of the hotel was spotless! I'll be sure to book this hotel again for my next trip to the area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This so far is the best Days Inn I have ever stayed! I am a Wyndham rewards member and stay at their properties a lot, since I travel for business. Customer service was excellent, my room was spotless, which is hard to find. Conviniently located to Holden Beach is the best palce to stay at a reasonable proce.
Thank you Guys, I will definately return:)

Room Tip: Great Stay!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This hotel was super clean and appeared to be brand new. I was very comfortable here. The hot breakfast was your standard free breakfast. All the staff were very nice. Unfortunately it is not a pet friendly hotel. Good location too Holden Beach. Great value, not too expensive. The pool was clean, but not heated. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We booked this hotel for a wedding. We usually stay at my in-laws place but due to the wedding they were full so we decided to get a room instead. Close to Holden Beach and Pet Friendly. Perfect...or so we thought. I called TWICE to confirm the pet policy prior to arriving. I was told they are pet friendly, $15 per pet per day, limit 2. No problem! We only have 2 dogs. We arrive and I go in to Check In. Upon arrival I am advised that the size limit is 40 lbs! We have a 31 lb Boxer Puppy and a 80 lb Lab. The woman at the front desk although very nice was at a loss so she called the owner. I assured them that this was not her first hotel visit (our lab is an old pro! She always travels with us) and she is very well mannered. The owner had us bring her in so the clerk could look at her...? We were then told since she was twice the size limit that they would have to charge us twice the price...WHAT? We had no other choice at this point so we paid. I am FURIOUS that although it was their error on failing to relay the ENTIRE Pet Policy that I had to pay double for an extremely well behaved dog due to her size. Either you allow dogs or you don't. Why is size even an issue?

Beyond that the room was spotless. Shower fantastic (great water pressure). Bed comfortable. The toilet did have issues flushing (we had to hold down for quite some time) but nothing major. Our room was directly in front of the ice machine and I think the door was made of cardboard. We could loudly hear any time someone used or it dropped new ice. This was not fun at 4 am. Breakfast was a little more than most continental breakfast's and seemed fresh to us. The staff did have a hard time keeping things stocked. The first morning I had to wait 15+ min for coffee. Overall the staff was very friendly and accommodating especially "Jo." I took the dogs out in the middle of the night alone while my hubby slept and never felt uncomfortable. Never saw anyone hanging around. Pool looked clean, did not get a chance to use.

Overall I would recommend and would have given a higher rating if we did not have the issue with our Lab. I am just highly upset over the additional charges and feel this should be addressed and we should be reimbursed. Our animals are clean and well mannered. Better than most of the children that we saw...

Room Tip: do not get a room in front of the ice machine!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I don't know why this hotel has bad reviews. It's a ten minute drive to Holden Beach and was really affordable, especially over a holiday weekend. We booked two rooms and had no problem at check in. Our rooms were clean, bathroom was clean and the breakfast was decent enough considering it saved us from having to buy breakfast somewhere else everyday. I will say that it's relatively understaffed, though. Staff had a hard time keeping breakfast stocked, even though we never had to wait more than ten minutes for food. There's also a limited amount of staff working the front desk, so when I had to get a copy of my room key I ended up having to track someone down... not the staffs fault though, that's above their heads and when they finally did help me they were lovely. This is NOT a Ritz Carlton and as a long as you go in understanding that it's a Days Inn, you won't be disappointed. The flat screen TV was nice, the bed comfy and despite another commenter's post, there was NOTHING wrong with the cleanliness, we saw no one loitering outside and there was house-keeping. I will say that house keeping came later in the day, but I actually didn't want my bed linens changed and only requested new towels so it wasn't a big deal. The wireless Internet is fast and it's a great location considering you're ten minutes from the beach. All in all, it's a great hotel with nice staff and more than acceptable accommodations. The pool outside was small, but great for kids.

Room Tip: The rooms with a King bed are big enough and nice enough for 4 due to the pull out couch. Get to bre...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boonton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Everything looks nice once you 1st walk into the lobby, but it's all a mirage. Get to your room, room was not clean. Other people’s garbage on floor, bathroom has stuff all over the walls and the shower. Bathroom also had horrible plumbing, toliet constinatly running, shower head taped up and screeched DOES NOT DO DAILY MAID SERVICE!!!! No new towels, no made beds, no garbage clean out. Even in the public area the garbage isn't cleaned daily. There is always someone loitering in parking lot...guess it is local "hot spot" for older teens to hang, this was very uncomforting. The continental breakfast was not bad, pool didn't look bad, staff was ify (when they can be found). Just a horrible place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I am unclear why all the bad reviews, but if they are making changes becasue of it, it shows!!
Stayed one night due to a wedding in Holden Beach.
The staff was helpful and courteous, and when I needed to get another room they gave us a great rate.
The place was clean, the rooms were great and beds comfy. Lots of pilows are a plus for me!!! I do have to agree with the breakfast buffet tapering off after 9:00am. We got down there to eat before the 9:30 cut off and it was low on everything...they need to stay opened later for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn? Share your experiences!