“Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
massapequa park, United States
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

On our way home from Florida we drove and stopped at this Hampton Inn for its name and reputation As usual it was very clean hotel as most Hamptons are. The staff and facilities were great. The beds were very comfortable and the linens were fresh and updated. The bathroom had enough towels and smelled great. It had a hot complimentary breakfast from eggs and sausage to waffles. The exercise room is small but clean and a very nice outdoor pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel has excellent staff who were helpful . The rooms were very clean. I found this stay to be a good experience as I do with all Hampton Inns. I love the beds in Hampton Inns. Very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family travels Interstate 95 several times a year. We always make sure our trips include a stay at the Hampton Inn. We are always happy with the room, staff, location, shopping option close by and the proximity to the interstate. We are there so often we call it home.

staten island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

this hotel is well run and cared for and well lighted at night.it was in the right spot close by outlet mall and outlet tobacco j&r was also close by and close to gas stations.there where restaurants close by and big box stores

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Salisbury, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Was disappointed on several counts. The bathroom had a strong urine smell. Bare essentials in the bathroom. The room seemed dated with a worn out rug and the thin mattress. There is no refrigerator in the accessible room. The air conditioner was very noisy. The staff were pleasant though and the breakfast buffet was adequate. I was happy it was only a one night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. If you need a refrigerator in your room, ask for it when you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jay P, Manager at Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
On behalf of Jay Patel and Wintergreen Hospitality, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent visit. I am very sorry to learn that your stay was less than pleasurable in its entirety. As always, I will follow through with each applicable department to determine the necessary preventative and/or corrective procedures to take in order to address your concerns for future guest needs. However, in the meantime I would like to take care of your stay by invoking the 100% Hampton Guarantee. It is just my immediate way of saying I am sorry. Within the next several months, we have several interior renovations already slated which will definitely be a plus to our current décor.

Thank you again, for providing me with such detailed feedback about your stay. I hope that if you and your family are in our area again, you will provide us the pleasure to serve your future hospitality needs. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at anytime.

Barbara Maye - General Manager
Hampton Inn - Selma,NC
(919) 965-6151
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the friendliest staff we have ever come across and I have stayed in many hotels. They are so caring (even saved us cookies!) They made our stay fantastic and we will most assuredly come again. The room was clean and had all the amenities. The cleaning staff was efficient and never intrusive. I can't say enough about the staff. They even remembered us from our last stay there. It was really nice!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff was great! However, they said they met their quota for the day and would not be able to accept the AARP or AAA card. The fitness center was horrible and if I didn't have my bands with me I wouldn't have had any workout. The shower in the room was not working well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jay P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
I am sorry to hear about the numerous issues you encountered while staying with us. However, I am happy that you took to the time to make me aware of your concerns so that the proper corrective action could be implemented.

First, I would like to apologize for you not being able to utilize your AAA discount. We value our AAA guests/members and It was only after receiving that complaint from a few guests that we learned our we had our AAA availability incorrectly set up. This problem has since been corrected.

I am also happy to report we are in the process of updating our fitness center equipment and within the next couple weeks you will find a much better fitness center facility. The shower has also been reviewed per the maintenance staff and that specific room issue has also been resolved.

I understand you being unsatisfied with your stay and in the spirit of Hamptonality and our 100% Guarantee, I would like to refund your stay. Please call me at your convenience and I will be happy to take care of this for you.

Barbara Maye
General Manager - Hampton Inn Selma, NC
919-965-6151

Been to Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95? Share your experiences!