“Hospitality Plus Plus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Duck Smith House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seagrove
The Duck Smith House Bed & Breakfast
465 N. Broad Street, Seagrove, NC 27341   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Seagrove B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hospitality Plus Plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I arrived road weary after a coast-to-coast drive and found ourselves well cared for by Barbara and Suzanne in their very comfortable B&B. Very clean. Great Bed. Wonderful breakfasts. And fabulous innkeepers. Their informed suggestions helped us navigate the many wonderful pottery studios - many of which are in walking distance. Every potter should go to Seagrove at some point - and they should all stay at Duck Smith. Final note: Suzanne and Barbara were particularly helpful when my husband had a small health emergency. They did so much that was above & beyond. I strongly recommend Duck Smith.

Room Tip: All rooms appears to be good - it depends on the size of bed you are most comfortable in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We loved our stay here! I'm in total agreement with all the reviews on this site. Everyone had the same experience we did--this place is basically the perfect B&B. Great hosts, fantastic breakfast, and beautiful, comfy rooms. So peaceful and delightful. We loved it and will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My father and I spent four nights at this lovely B&B nestled in the piedmont area of North Carolina and we were charmed by the property, the house and the proprietors. The house was immaculate and the rooms very comfortable. We didn't want for anything. The breakfast was hearty, unique and delicious! My dad's favorite breakfast included homemade sweet potato pancakes and my favorite was the savory arugula, ham and egg open faced sandwich. Oh I wish I could eat that again right now!

The best part of the visit for me were the bird feeders. I am a birder and Barbara and Suzanne know how to attract lot of avian friends. There were loads of Northern Cardinal, Tufted Titmice, Dark-eyed Junco, Eastern Bluebirds, Carolina Chickadee, Carolina Wren and all of the other east coast songbirds that I miss now that I live on the west coast.

Did I mention the Duck Smith House is in pottery mecca? You can't get a more conveniently located and cozy place to stay while you shop for one of a kind pottery. It's also near the NC Zoo. When I find myself in N.C. again to visit friends and family I will absolutely be staying at the Duck Smith House.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Leland, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were met in the parking lot by Suzanne and "Daisy". The hostess sisters, Suzanne and Barbara could not have been more welcoming and acommodating. We had the whole house to ourselves, so we got to see all the beautifully restored rooms. Everything was immaculate, breakfast was wonderful and Suzanne and Barbara a delight. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Beautifully restored home, tastefully decorated and immaculate. Barbara and Suzanne were fabulous hosts and made us feel very welcomed. Our room was great and the bed was so comfortable we didn't want to get up in the morning. Breakfast was excellent. These sisters really go out of their way for their guests. Perfect location for anyone doing the pottery tour in Seagrove. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: For those who don't want to climb stairs, their first floor room is ideal. That's where we s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Canton, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our stay at Duck Smith House B&B was my 13 year old daughter's first B&B experience and it could not have been better. Barbara and Suzanne are warm and gracious hosts. The house is beautiful and is in the heart of Pottery country. The room was spotless and the decor charming. We had a wonderful breakfast then enjoyed a full day of visiting potters for some Christmas shopping. We ended the day visiting with the owners and other guests. It was a weekend of priceless memories made with my daughter.

Room Tip: The Waverly room has two double beds which is great for a "girls weekend."
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My 22 yr old daughter surprised me with the birthday gift of a mother-daughter trip to Seagrove and an overnight stay at the Duck Smith House. We'd stayed there before when she was a pre-teen and had a wonderful time. I've also stayed two other times with hubby. That gave her the idea for the surprise. Barbara and Suzanne were so warm and welcoming and the renovations they had made since our last visit (previous owner) were so beautiful. We felt right at home in Bertie's Room. That bed felt like sleeping on a cloud. Breakfast was so special and delicious, I was surprised with a lit candle in my french toast and everyone, including other guests, singing happy birthday to me! The guest rooms and common rooms are very clean and beautiful. There was a carafe of ICE cold water in our room, and a mini fridge stocked with sodas in the dining room in case you'd like one after hours. They have maps for shopping the local potteries and will tell you where the restaurants in town are (Jugtown Cafe, Westmore Family Restaurant).

Room Tip: Go online to see the rooms and bed sizes. One room downstairs and 3 upstairs. I've stayed in th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Duck Smith House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!