“What a Challenge” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This course threads through a former sand quarry and has the feel of a maze.
Woodstock, Georgia
“What a Challenge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I'm a 24 handicap and thoroughly enjoyed playing this course. It's unique design required a thoughtful approach to each shot. I will definitely return when in Pinehurst.

Visited November 2013

Conway, SC
14 attraction reviews
“It's a must play for any golfer, no mater what your handicap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently played at Tobacco Road with my son and a mutual friend. Needless to say, prior to going I went on line to review the animated video, and was NOT looking forward to playing this course. For a high handcapper like myself, it did not look like the place to play. I figured that I was doomed to a day of lost balls and shear frustration. I could see where a low handicap golfer would get a massive challenge out of it, but not an older short hitter like me.

Well, let me just say that I was wrong. Yes, the course has many challenging holes, and I do mean challenging, but with the yardage book and some common sense play, it's not that bad. Look, even I broke 100 on my first go around, and when we played two day later, I almost broke 90. Yes, the greens for the most part are a mess due to a bad infestation they had on most of them, but we were warned of that before we played.

Absolutely one of the most visually stunning courses I have ever played. Any golfer who likes even a small challenge will love this place. 100% recommended to play at least once in your lifetime!!

Visited September 2013
8 attraction reviews
“Great course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoy the Mike Stranz courses to get a break from the traditional course. Be ready for a great course visually with some tough shots requiring pinpoint accuracy.

Visited September 2013
“Unusual but fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The course was a challenge. It required pinpoint accuracy on shots to most greens.There were a number of blind shots. The greens were not in tip top shape because of the heavy rains this summer. I can't wait to play it again! Barbecue sandwich is a must.

Visited August 2013
8 attraction reviews
“A must play”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Tobacco Road golf course is like no other. You must see it and play it to believe it. Great scenery and a hoot to play - you won't be sorry.

Visited August 2013