“After just one visit I've found my new favorite spot in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“After just one visit I've found my new favorite spot in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

With a casual yet classy atmosphere I can see why this local restaurant is a favorite place for so many people in the area to dine. You must try thier house favorite shrimp and grits or the giant hickory smoked beef short rib! Can't wait to go back and see what the chef has planned for next week!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sanford, North Carolina
“Recent Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I recently had dinner at the Steele Pig. The pulled pork was tender and delicious. The service was friendly and courteous. We enjoyed a great tasting slice of chocolate-pecan pie for dessert. Coffee was enjoyable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Enjoyable Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to Sanford to visit relatives and take them out to dinner. I looked into the Steele Pig before we traveled there. It sounded interesting. Being from New England, there aren't too many southern food restaurants, so we wanted to give it a try. Well we loved it. The service was great and the food delicious. The appetizer of wings was real good and the shrimp with grits I gave a thumbs up. The place is small and quaint and I asked for a nice table to celebrate an anniversary, so they gave us a table by the window which was perfect because we felt we had our own area and privacy. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the town.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“This pig died gently”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Nice people. Tenderest pork I ever had. Best sides to boot (grits and sophisticated baked beans). Finished with chocolate pecan pie. I too shall die gently. Like the pig.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“Not as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We looked forward to this after a day of touring Raliegh, it was out of our way but we anticipated a real " experience". We were there ealy (5:00 p.m.), the place was empty, and we got very attentive service. The ribs for my S.O. were good but had a heavy coat of dry rub under the sauce, in places. I had the Hickory smoked pulled pork and I can HONESTLY say that it was the driest and least tflovorful of ANY that I have EVER eaten. I gave some to my S.O. in exchange for a taste of her 5 Hour Smoked beef ribs and left 1/2 of the rest on my plate. The maitre'D took my plate with nary a question or inquiry as to my dining experience so to say the least we will never go back or recommend anything about the place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere