“Work out room is antique” 2 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, New York, United States
“Work out room is antique”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

A little threadbare. The workroom is mis-represented. The first room was tiny and stunk of lingering smoke. We were moved to a room with double beds. Staff was OK. The place was clean. The Holiday Inn Express in Virginia was worse. I hope this is not a trend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I first want to send our sincere apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay here. I also want to thank you for taking the time to post the issues, so that I can make sure they are taken care of. Without the compliments and complaints, we would not be able to succeed. I do want you to know that we are working towards getting those issues fixed. We hope you will continue to use the Holiday Inn Express Sanford, NC as your lodging choice, and we look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide the level of service you expect.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
SANFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Was impressed by the decor and cleanliness of the whole place. The bed was very comfortable everything in the room was super clean and the bathroom was as beautiful as the sitting area. The hotel staff are friendly, helpful and very nice!! Will be sure and recommend this to people looking for a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The restaurant is limited to complimentary breakfast only but, super clean and food is excellent!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We are so thankful of this great review. We love to see that your guests are satisified when they leave here, that lets us know that we are doing a great job. Thank you so much for the recommendations and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Parish, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a pleasant stay at the hotel. It is clean, the staff are friendly. I have stayed here multiple times over several years and have always been happy to have stayed at this location. The rooms were recently refreshed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel! We love to hear what our guests have to say, because we would not be a "great hotel that guests love," without you, our guests! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and have been here several times before. Our repeat guests, like you, let us know that we are doing a good job. Yes, we have recently renovated, and the hotel looks great and all of our guests are loving the new modern decor.
We hope to see you again in the near future. Happy New Year!
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed Dec. 10-11,2012. All hotel staff and accommadations were very nice. Angie, at the front desk was always cheerful, very helpful and kind. I have nothing but good things to say about my stay at the hotel. I will stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: King bed, single rooms (307, 323) are very nice, clean, and relaxing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We love to see these great reviews, and even the bad ones because all suggestions and comments help us to succeed. We take great pride in our staff and hotel and love when our guests notice that. Thank you for posting a review! Hope to see you soon!
Greer, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed there two days, checked out, and spent my remaining 6 days at a nearby Comfort Inn and Suites across the street.
The people a HIE were extremely friendly. Kudos to the staff especially the front desk staff, though they were not professionally dressed.
I got a suite which to my surprise lacked the cleanliness I should have expected. The bathtub had mold around it and not that iI would use a jacuzzi in a hotel anywhere, but it was part of the shower. The jets of the jacuzzi had pink rings around them which suggest it to be unclean and unsanitary.
I didn't expect the furniture to be moved for vacuuming but the one-two job was obvious. Used plastic fork found in the fridge. hmmm? Need i say more about that? And a turn dual microwave? Really? Why offer me microwave popcorn as a check in snack, (nice touch-kudos for the thought), but why offer it and then give me a room with a microwave unable to handle the task? Burnt popcorn isn't pleasant. The coffee table legs were wabbly making it a use-at-your-own-risk.
As a Priority Club Member I have stayed at HIE before in other cities and have not had this type of experience. Though my past experiences in other cities have been positive, because of this one negative one. I will be not so quick to choose any HIE anywhere in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
snfnc2000, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a reply of our hotel. All suggestions and comments, whether good or bad, are welcomed and greatly appreciated. I want to personally apologize for all of the issues that you had during your stay here. Although, those issues were not mentioned to a staff member, for them to be addressed, I do want to send my sincere apologies for your "worst hotel experience ever." We have NEVER had a guest say that this was their worst experience, and it upsets me for you to say that. I wish that you would have let us address your issues before leaving to another hotel. As you can clearly see, we have alot of great reviews about our property and are always having guests leaving satisified with the intent to return.
I hope that you give us another chance to prove how great of a hotel that we are. Happy Holidays!
Boone, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We spent Friday & Saturday night at this hotel. Brooke at the front desk was very nice, checked us in and gave us treats for our dog. We were assigned to the first floor hallway on the left, which was obviously the dog hallway, as we could hear barks, yips, and yaps behind every door we walked past at some point. The pet fee is quite high, $35 per stay.

We were given room #101, at the end of the hallway next to the stairway. It was very convenient for exiting quickly out the side door with our dog for potty breaks, but it was noisy sometimes when people stomped up and down the stairs. The thick fire doors going into the staircase and then outside made a lot of noise as they slammed every time someone went to their car or took their dog out. On Saturday night there was a lot of noise from the room above us, but that's just the luck of the draw.

The room had room-darkening curtains, a desk, a flat screen TV on a small dresser, a comfortable sofa, end tables with lamps, a comfortable king bed, nightstands on both sides, a small kitchen with sink, cabinets, mini coffee maker, fridge, and microwave, and a closet with iron & board. All of the pictures were nice and normal-looking, not the typical motel ones. The pillowcases were labeled "firm" and "soft", but I think they were mixed up on my side. :)

The bathroom was large, with a beautiful sparkling vanity countertop. There was an oval, deep jetted bathtub with a nice, large showerhead. The towels were nice and thick. The only thing odd about the bathroom was that there was no overhead vent/fan.

The only bad thing about the room itself was the heating/A/C unit. It was the type you usually see in motels - it sits right under the window, the air blows out the top, and the controls are under a rectangular cover at one end on the top. The nicer motels will have a digital thermostat, either on the unit or on the wall. This one didn't. The temperature was going to be about 30F on the Friday night, and the room was cold when we checked in. We set the thing on low heat and hoped for the best... We woke up in the middle of the night, and that heater was still on. It was so hot in that room! I walked over to the window and turned the heater off. A few hours later when we got up, the temp in the room had dropped down to 75. So be prepared with a plan. I suggest turning the heat off before you go to bed.

There were nice grassy areas to walk our dog, even a small fenced in area. Bring your plastic bags, as they expect you to clean up after your dog.

The breakfast was nice, hot, & kept well-supplied. They have a pancake machine instead of a waffle maker. The coffee was okay, nothing special. My husband said the sausage gravy was good.

Room Tip: Join their Priority Club. They give you free bottled water in your room when you arrive, and they wi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for a posting a review of our hotel. You taking the time to do this is greatly appreciated. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that Brooke was very nice to you. I hope that we were able to accomodate all of your needs and hope to see you again in the future. Thanks for choosing us!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great Customer Service... Stayed on 25NOV12, William on the early evening shift made every effort to assure I was comfortable. Great customer service, he even went out of his way to thank me for my military service! I would stay again in a heartbeat. Nice rooms too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. All suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated. I want to thank you for recognizing William, he is a great asset to this hotel and it means alot when a guest mentions a staff members name and how well they are doing their job. We also want to personally thank you for your service to this country, as well. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sanford? Share your experiences!