“Just like home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of York Motel

You added York Motel to your Saves list
York Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   10 William Street, York, Western Australia 6302, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in York
“Just like home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed in the "family unit" for 3 nights. Kerry is wonderfully friendly, and nothing is too much to ask. Everything you need is provided. Right down to fresh mik on arrival! The motel is only a short walk from the Main Street, but far enough away to be in a quiet spot. I couldn't be happier!

• Stayed September 2013
Kerry E, Owner at York Motel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you what a nice review yes the family unit is a lovely 2 bed unit I'm so glad you were happy
It's a pleasure having you stay with us at the motel, I'm glad you were comfortable here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for business. We had two rooms.

Firstly, the greeting was like coming home to Mums house with Kerry greeting us like long lost freinds. Checkin was easy and we were even shown to our rooms and had eveything explained.

I have stayed in many small motels in country towns and this would have to be the cleanest, most homely place I have had the pleasure to stay at. The rooms are even personally decorated with none of the bland decorations you see on other motels.

This represents excellent value for money, and the included light continental breakfast was appreciated.

I will book this hotel whenever my staff are in York and will certainly recommend to family and freinds!

• Stayed October 2013
Kerry E, Owner at York Motel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you wade for the lovely review if was our pleasure to have you stay with us, we hope to see you again in the near future.
Derby, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of Motels around Australia and this has to be the very best valued motels I have stayed at. It is run by a very lovely lady and her husband who can not do enough to ensure you stay is as pleasant as possible. The rooms are clean and fresh with a wonderful décor.

I would recommend this place to all my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kerry E, Owner at York Motel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
hi Greg thank you for choosing the York motel it was a pleasure having you, one day we will meet again.
cheers Kerry
Albany, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I found the York Motel to be an excellent place to stay. I could not fault Kerry and found her to be very friendly and helpful. The units are very clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower excellent and even fresh milk in the fridge upon arrival. I would recommend this motel to anyone and would stay there again myself when in York again. Keep it up Kerry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kerry E, Owner at York Motel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
hello pat,
Thank you very much for choosing the York motel, a big thank you for your kind words
I hope you'll visit again in the near future it was a pleasure having you stay with us.
warm regards Kerry
Sheffield, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed for three nights in a twin room. Kerry was courteous and friendly when we checked in, and also whenever we saw her over the following days.

The room had a queen and single bed, TV, small table and chairs, bathroom with shower (no bath) and good sized bench around the hand basin, fridge, microwave & toaster. Breakfast supplies were provided and consisted of bread with butter and spreads, small packets of cereal, orange juice and milk (plenty for both cereal and tea/coffee) - this was all replenished each day.

The beds were comfortable and the room clean. Despite being close to the highway to Perth, there was no problem with noise, and trains on the nearby line were certainly not a problem as there seemed to be only one per day (maybe there are more in summer). The motel is within very easy walking distance of the town centre and right across the road from the Mill complex - this unfortunately doesn't open on Monday-Tuesday in winter.

York is a nice little town with a very good visitors centre which has friendly, knowledgeable staff and plenty of pamphlets. The town is not large, so walking around it and seeing all the heritage buildings is easy and pleasant. Across the road at the back of Faversham House is a park planted with Western Australian natives - it's quite new but it is still worth a stroll as some of the flowers are lovely, even in winter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

From personal experience I would not recomend this accommodation to anybody. We found the owners unfriendly to the point of being rude. We paid 4 star price for 2 star accommodation. We found the room had a very stale musty damp smell. The arrogant male owner and his rules and regulations were found to be very unnecessary and offensive. overall we ddo not recomend this accommodation to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

First, York Motel has a 72 hour cancellation policy, which they don't tell you at the time of booking. So if you have a need to cancel or change your booking, watch out!

York Motel take your credit card details at the time of your booking, so you need to abide by their onerous policies or have money taken from your account. It's almost like blackmail.

The room itself was weird. The room had clearly had a larger bed in it before it had been replaced with a single, because the bedside table was nailed to the wall about a double bed distance from the opposite wall. Now there was a single bed installed against the opposite wall, the sleeper had to stretch about 1.5 feet to reach the bedside table. It wasn't clear why the bedside table had to be where it was, and not moved closer to the new bed.

The difference between having a bedside table close by, or 1.5 feet away was that if I reached for something when half asleep, I had to wake up properly to navigate things properly. It meant the room not only looked weird, but in a practical way was inefficient and didn't serve its purpose.

The cereal in the continental breakfast was stale, and had exceeded its use-by date. And there wasn't enough milk left for both the cereal AND tea. It was one OR the other!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kerry e, Owner at York Motel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hi sue this review was almost laughable as a respected motel owner I will respond to this review in a honest professional way.
1/ I would highly suggest sue if you are going to right a review on a establishment I would at least tell the truth, to be honest the 3 evenings you were here there was a very large sum of alcohol consumed , I can see there was a problem and its not with our establishment.
2/ firstly when you rang for accommodation on the Monday 17/06/2013 for a 3 day stay with us, our tariff was $110.00 per single with a complimentary continental breakfast, you were more than happy with that.
I then proceeded to take your details i.e. Full name contact no and credit card details as explained to you this was secure your booking ,also you were told you are to pay us on arrival, we don't use your card all was good and settled.
You were on our web site and it clearly states 72 hr. notice is required this was also explained to you on the phone, you were well aware of our policy, and still continued to book the unit.
I then offered you a queen unit or the single unit the single unit was chosen, as you were here for 3 days I discounted the unit to $100.00 per night, still offering you a complementary continental breakfast, you were very happy with that and we ended our conversation.
3/I received another call from you on the 19/06/2013 asking if you could extend your stay for a extra night Thursday 20/06/2013 I said I am very sorry we are totally booked out for the whole week and weekend, I suggested you ask your son if you could stay there for the one night.
your response was he didn't ask me to stay so there for I offered to find you alternative accommodation ,
4/Day of your arrival 10:15 am you rand wanting to cancel the booking as I explained to you in full detail ,we are totally full and have given bookings away , however if we get any more enquiries for the unit, we will let you know and a full refund will be give to you , you said that's fine I totally understand.
5/ check in is 2 pm you turned up with your son at 10:30 am just after our conversation, I was still cleaning unit for our next guests our floor was still wet but I proceeded to check you in , you however were very rude to me , but your son was extremely rude as well.
I was very professional in the way I had to handle the situation.
6/SINGLE UNIT was built to cater for singles only 1 king bed, never could we or would we be able to fit a double in there if we tried,, the other wall? No other wall, only full length slide door and window, were table chairs and corner reading lamp, self contained new .
7/ CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST Stale this is a joke due to our high turnover our produce is very fresh, we would not have it any other way we have an extremely good reputation.
as for not enough milk you were given on the Friday 2 full jugs of milk, if you rewired more all you had to do was ask, remember this is complementary and you have taken advantage of my good service.
8/ The motel is 4 min walk to the main town centre ,you wouldn't know as you were picked up by your son every morning and returned early evening,
my advice to you sue is honesty is always the best policy try if some day you'll be surprised how good it will make you feel.

Been to York Motel? Share your experiences!