“Friendly, courteous staff and affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Oak Grove Motel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1305 Salter Path Road, Salter Path, NC 28575   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Salter Path B&B and Inns
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Friendly, courteous staff and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and 4 children stayed here last year in June. We had a wonderful time. The hosts are awesome and the location is perfect. No it is not a hotel, but we were looking for affordability, comfort and as close to the beach as possible. We truely loved it and look forward to returning soon. there is a wooden walkway right behind the motel and it leads right onto a spacious beach that was like our own, as noone was ever there but maybe a few other motel guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Flat Rock, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This motel has an amazing feel to it. The staff is welcoming, the room feels like a little apartment with a cute kitchen. They welcomed my dog and made us really feel at home. Its a small walk to the beach and at night, its so quiet you can hear the waves hitting the beach. There are no carpets, so its really easy to keep the sand cleaned up. They even keep a broom in the room! We will return and would recommend this place to everyone! Stay here, its economical and you couldnt ask for better surroundings! I hated to leave!

• Stayed October 2013
Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I went to the beach for our 6th anniversary. We stayed here and it was perfect. you couldn't ask for a better hotel or location. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We are already planning our next trip and plan on staying with them again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I took our grandson to the beach for the first time and stayed here for the first time. We loved it. It was my grandson's birthday and his first without his parents. You see, they both passed away in the fall of 2012. I wanted to show my grandson that staying with down to earth individuals, was much better than staying with the nose so far up in the air they need oxygen. It was like going to spend the weekend with my best friends, instead of, going to impress the Jones's. Our bed's were made every day and we had clean towels everyday. We socialized with the owners and met their awesome motel housekeeper. By the way, I'm sorry we did not leave a tip for you for the awesome job you did. We'll be back and we will make it up to you. If you want to pay out the a--- for a place to sleep and shower, go stay in a hightower. If you want to make friends and use that extra money to have fun on the beach and seeing what the area offers, then I suggest you stay with the great folks at Oak Grove Motel. My family loved it. The only thing I can say that needs improvement is, please invest in new matresses. I'm not as young as I used to be. I need that back support. Love you guys. We will be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Room # 10 is right in the breezeway and at the boardwalk to the beach. If you have kids, they have a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lincolnton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you are not a huge fan of the chain hotels and enjoy local flavor tied in with a simple experience, then the Oak Grove will do for you. My wife and I stopped in on a whim to see what the rates were (as well as availability) and found the quaint little hotel as well as the charm of the setting very enjoyable. No, there is not a pool, which could be a family deal breaker, but we came for the larger pool called the Atlantic located about 100 yards down a wooden trail preserved by President Roosevelt years ago. We were in room 11 which had kitchen features that suited us just fine. Would stay again without issue!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

As with most every smaller motel that I have found in this area, it is an older place and not all fancy with things like granite countertops and jacuzzi tubs but does have the price of all these things either. Just a clean, quiet little place and the staff was very nice and saw to out every need for eight days. I didn't find the dirt and other things talked about in some of the other reviews. I guess if I wanted to change something, I would like to have had a two room suite type room. To sum up my review... I have already made plans to return for another stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Halifax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about this place. I have NEVER stayed anywhere and the staff treated you like family like this place. The price, room and staff are unbeatable! You are right at the beach and they provide you with everything you would need at an unbelievable price. The room was so clean and accommodating. I couldn’t have asked for more. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Oak Grove Motel? Share your experiences!