“Decent fare - hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 141 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Barbecue
Fairfax, VA
“Decent fare - hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

This place is a staple for my relatives in the area, I think mostly due to location. We don't typically get the BBQ, but get footlong hot dogs and cheeseburgers, which are pretty good. Large portions of thick cut fries. It's been through a bunch of names over the years, Winks, Steve's, etc.

I usually just get a plain hamburger or hotdog, but this time accidentally mixed my order up with my brother's. Thinking the restaurant had mixed up the order (they had not - we had), I ate this hamburger with "the works" and loved it. Some mixture of mustard and slaw that has a sweet aftertaste. Very good.

A smoking restaurant with a non-smoking back room, very friendly staff, and good value. I'd definitely go here before picking a local fast food joint, certainly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Salisbury, North Carolina
“Places they call BBQ joints NOT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!
You know its a bad sign when a bleach blond with a push up bra brings you a menu. And they know nothing about what kind of wood is used in cooking and... 99% of the menu is not BBQ items.I know what it is now they lure you in with the BBQ sign and serve you fried eggs!!! I guess eggs are cheaper than BBQ.. Wait this is race country I forgot Hendrix Motorsports is a race team around here.
LOOK I do not care if its got DALE JR in the name (WHAT A LOSER DAD is rolling in his grave) THIS IS NOT BBQ

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Concord, NC
“Delicious Barbecue - The family pack is a great buy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

The Q is very moist and tastes great with our without the sauce. The hushpuppies are good and so is the slaw. Nice friendly staff!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Good Barbeque, not very good sauce”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

The q is very good, a little more coursely chopped than we like, but good flavor. Slaw was good, but not much on the q. sandwich we had. They need to put more than a teaspoon of slaw on the sandwiches. The sauce they give you is like hot, thin, watery, vinegar, YUCK. You can add or leave off the so called sauce. The hushpuppies were WONDERFUL, we could have made a meal just from the slightly sweet, puffs of delightful cornmeal, fried to perfection. Sweet tea was SWEET, as usual in our wonderful south. We will go back to Hendrix, a pleasent dining experience.Try Hendrix Barbeque.