“decent place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Salisbury
Raleigh, North Carolina
“decent place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel was a decent place to stay. The young lady at the front desk was very accommodating and friendly. The hotel could use some updating, but otherwise was pretty clean. Rims have mini-fridge and microwave. Not far from Charlotte, just off of the highway. We had a great night's sleep, even on the highway side. The free hot/cold breakfast was good - bacon, eggs, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, coffee, tea, fruit. We would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Salisbury_NcCyndilou, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Salisbury!

Cyndi Greenwood
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Smooth Simple check in, clean quiet room, easy and reasonably fast free WIFI, Breakfast was pretty good at least the Waffle and fresh fruit. Asked for late checkout and there were no problems.

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Due to my travel/business needs, I have stayed at this particular hotel a few times over the last 2-3 years. Always a warm welcome with fresh popcorn and cookies along with a comfortable room. The only two knocks against this hotel is: 1) I usually end up with an air conditioner that doesn't blow out cold air like it should (I'm suggesting maintenance go to every room and inspect each unit to make sure this doesn't happen with other guests) and it would be nice if they had a weight machine like they said they were going to get (and like the one they show in their hotel pictures). Other than that I will be staying here again when in area :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cashiers, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I can not say enough about my stay at this hotel. I had just left my father at the VA hospital after a 4 hour drive and I was exhausted. Although this hotel was a little difficult to find, it turned out to be a diamond in the rough!! It was 10pm and I was pleasantly greeted by Lynn, who turned out to be my guardian angel! She was sympathetic, checked me in promptly with a VA discount, walked me to my car, helped me with my belongings to my room, and set me up with a 6:30 am wake up call! I believe this lady deserves a BIG raise!! She went above and beyond to make me feel safe as I was a woman traveling by myself.
The room was perfect as well. I sleep with a fan, for the noise, and the air condition had a fan setting. The bed was extremely comfy with lots of extra pillows. Shower was nice and hot with exceptional water pressure. Even continental breakfast had more than enough to chose from and coffee was delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Salisbury_NcCyndilou, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We strive to offer superior customer service and love it when we are called on it! I shared your compliments with Lynn and it really made her feel good. Thanks again, we hope to see you soon!
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After driving many hours and looking for a location close to restaurants, we located this facility, close to restaurants AND close to the interstate. The receptionist was friendly, knowledgeable and even recommended we sleep on the back side of the hotel due to the interstate noise in the front. There was freshly popped popcorn in the Mediterranean-styled lobby. Upon entering our room, we were pleasantly pleased that it was already cooled and inviting. The beds were comfortable. The room was clean. The amenities of Wi-Fi, etc., were excellent. The next morning after a good night's rest, we found our way to the breakfast area. There were numerous items on the self-serve menu including a waffle machine, yogurt, freshly brewed coffee, fresh fruit, etc. We did not leave there hungry! Thank you to the Staff at the Comfort Inn in Salisbury, NC. You made our stay a pleasant one!

Room Tip: Select a room in the back of the hotel to stay away from interstate traffic sounds. Definitely sampl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salisbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We enjoyed our three nights here. We were on the side of the building away from I85, so noise was not a problem. Someone had reported a train making too much noise, but I investigated this (since I didn't notice it) and ascertained that the RR tracks are around six blocks away, so I can report that train noise is NOT a problem. At all.

The room was nice and spacious and well-maintained. The breakfasts were usually above and beyond what one normally expects at Comfort Suites -- there always seemed to be hot biscuits in addition to the usual hot offerings. I also noticed that they have a milk dispenser (skim and 2%) which is a nice touch I've not seen in many other.

One word of advice: if you are approaching this hotel from anywhere except I85, instead of entering the landscaped commercial park in which it is located, you are advised to approach via North Arlington Street so you don't have to make a u-turn around the median strip on Innes Street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The plus of this hotel is it is close to anything you could want and it is away from the interstate. The room was very large and clean. The negatives: This hotel is not really setup for bassboats. Since this room was booked by a third party it was not accounted for. They have no outside power outlets and since we were on the third floor that was an issue. I was lucky to find one outlet in the swimming pool enclosure area that the clerk had no knowledge of. The room we had was right off the elevator and between the elevator noise from people coming and going and deciding to talk outside our room it made it hard to get any sleep. I would recommend this hotel for the most part but I would not recommend it for parking a boat. Also we were in room 314 so I would advise against that area on any floor.

Room Tip: Make it a point to book your room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!