I was disappointed with the lack of attention to detail at the White House Apartments.
On arrival (20 February 2012), it was immediately apparent that
• wardrobe in master bedroom had only 4 coathangers
• wardrobe in second bedroom had 3 coathangers - insufficient for 4 adults
• 1 of the lights in master bathroom needed replacing
• 2 out of the 3 lights in the second bathroom needed replacing - really annoying not to be able to see properly in a bathroom - and potentially hazardous in the shower area as the one small operating light did not extend to the shower area
• the french doors to the balcony were in need of repair as it was almost impossible to open/close them; one of the hooks to the side of the balcony to support the doors was missing
• the louvre doors to the master bedroom were extremely difficult to open and then to close
• the japanese shoji doors from the master bedroom to the bathroom were again almost impossible to use - making privacy difficult
• there was one broken wine glass in the cupboard
The managing agent was immediately contacted to see if at a minimum the hangers could be provided and the light bulbs replaced; agent was unable to do any of these simple housekeeping tasks during our 48 hour stay.
In my final telephone call on check out morning agent advised that the owner was not interested in offering any compensation for these deficiencies, as in his view at $280 per night for ocean view, I had a great deal. $280 is the published rate and is the rate I paid - which included $20 supplement for ocean view over pool view on the assumption that all the apartments were appropriately serviced/cared for.
On a positive note the apartment was clean and well appointed with furniture and good beds and bedlinen.