“Large Tasty portions” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Large Tasty portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a lovely meal here. The staff were pleasant and very attentive. We ordered 2 dishes and a large rice to share between 2 people...we struggled to finish because of the large portions.

Visited January 2013

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Lady Manager is a F'wit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My 1 star rating is based on a single experience at this restaurant which otherwise would have been a 4 star rating.

I don't live in Esperance, but was holidaying with my wife for a few days after I did a days work in town. We had a great meal and spent a reasonable amount of cash, were happy with the service of the staff who were quick, cheerful and cooked good food. We were really good time.

The restaurant area is HUGE. My only qualm is that the wait staff appeared to be putting patrons right next to each other, rather than spreading them out. This was a but awkward given we could each easily hear what each other was saying. There was plenty of room for a spacing of 5 or more tables apart.

Until I decided to pay the bill. So I go off to the till in the reception area while my wife gets herself ready for the walk home in the restaurant. I chat to the lady manage at how much we enjoyed the good and service. She starts talking to me about what I do and I tell her I come town every few months to work for a day maybe two and this time I have bought my wife with me to show her around. Everything is pleasant and nice during the transaction.

Imagine this: We walk back to the table where my wife is putting on her jacket and picking up her bag. The manager/owner hands me the receipt and without a smile says loudly so that everyone in our part of the restaurant can hear (everyone stopped talking and looked at us):

"Your husband (says my name) doesn't love you anymore and when he comes to town he told me he comes to see his new woman. You shouldn't be with him anymore."

Err...awkward!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Western Australia
“hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Sometimes meals are fantastic and full of flavour, othertimes it is not so great. They make really tasty spring rolls. The ribs in plum sauce are really lovely and the fried rice is always good.

Visited October 2012
Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, Australia
“Best Chinese in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is one of the best Chinese foods I have had in a very long time. Excellent and attentive service and quality ingredients. Very tasty and would definatley return.

Visited May 2012
Perth
“2012 Esperance Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The service was quick and the food was very good. Great variety to choose from.

Visited March 2012