“Always a good stay at Orleans Bay :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orleans Bay Caravan Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Esperance
Orleans Bay Caravan Park
You added Orleans Bay Caravan Park to your Saves list
Duke Rd. Orleans Bay, | PO Box 277, Esperance, Western Australia 6450, Australia   |
Kalgoorlie, Australia
“Always a good stay at Orleans Bay :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have been staying at Orleans Bay Caravan Park for years now, and absolutely love it. We always endeavour to go at an off peak time, as we know it's booked to capacity at peak times and that will affect your peace and quiet / bathroom wait times etc (but that's to be expected like any other place).

The owners are fantastic and remember us each time we go there. We love taking our four wheel drive on the beach (yes, you're allowed to!) it's great fun exploring the beaches. We also take our quad bike and those are allowed on the beaches also. Great fishing (not giving away our fave fishing spot though - you'll have to discover it for yourself!)

The thing that first attracted us to Orleans Bay Caravan Park was the fact that they allow dogs in the park - our dog is our baby and we are so glad she gets to come with us! She just loves going to Orleans Bay.

The beaches and scenery are the prettiest I have ever seen, I highly recommend this place to any traveller - provided it's not at peak times.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Theres only one reason that this travesty continues to operate. That is the proximity to the Wonderfull Wharton Beaches and the total monopoly that this dump has on accomodation.

I was an occaisional visitor back in the mid 1990's and I think I could accurately say not one cracker has been spent on improvements since then.

I was greeted by the co-owner with a stubbie in his hand. Thats fine but I suspect that all maintenance was also attempted with a single available hand. I had the missfortune to be placed in the unpowered area. All the best spots automatically go to the Goldfields/Kalgoorlie locals who have no hesitation in informing you you cannot park anywhere with any grass or shade. Those priviledges of course belong exclusively to them.
I was placed near an area called the "mosh pit" which was a rubbish dump on the edge of the park .............no I'm not joking. There was a large pile of rubbish ready for burning in the middle.

My "spot" didnt allow me to get my shade out as I was sandwiched beetween two trees, there was no grass, no water tap and no drain /dishwater provision. A 15M walk in the middle of other campers revealed a single tap which yielded yellow undrinkable bore water.

The "convieniences" were over 100 meteres away but were for the men: two toilets, two showers and a urinal for probably 70-100 men and boys. The hot water failed on two of the mornings I was there. I was told this was an act of "sabotage". I suspect it had more to do with the indolence of the owners. The water also failed one night rendering the toilets unable to be flushed and on one occaision the power was out to the "ammenties". The shower cubicles beyond being too small to really assist with the showering of small children were devoid of any clothes pegs and had one shelf only which was always wet. The shower heads were unfamiliar to me and I suspect were a relic of decades past. I tried to adjust one and it came away in my hand.

Every morning I was woken up by Quad bikes with loud exhausts at 05:20 in the morning as harrased parents dragged their children the impossible distance to the inadequate ablutions.
Heated arguments at 03:00AM with a full barrage of obscene suggestions and disgusting language. Drum and Bass music till similar early morning hours was the background to this humiliating and hellish stay.

Best to stay away I suggest.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Orleans Bay Caravan Park? Share your experiences!