“Filthy, rude and terrible food!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Ararat
Cuisines: Bagels
Melbourne, Australia
“Filthy, rude and terrible food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The service was non existent with the young girl basically grunting her way through the transaction. We then experienced the stale, luke warm food that made us feel unwell and the toilets made outback petrol stations look good!
This place needs to be shut down!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Adelaide, Australia
“Nothing to see.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Only stopped to see what the place was like after reading the review about the family that claims they were abused.
The staff were fine. The place however is sad and dirty and could do with a visit from the Health Inspector.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ararat, Australia
“My family and I publicly abused and humiliated by employee.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family and I who reside in Ararat and used to visit Waack's Bakery no longer do so due to the appalling abuse my family and I were made to endure. My husband had ordered food and drinks and while my children, husband and I were enjoying our fare, an employee began to verbally abuse my husband and I for no good reason at all and in such a manner as to gain the attention of all other patrons in the store. In shock and surprise my family and I left the premises, vowed never to return and upon exiting the bakery the woman employee approached us once more, apologized profusely. Later upon walking past the bakery on a different day the woman employee had retracted her apology and began verbally abusing my husband and I again. Another employee threatened to burn my house down. My family and I have no familiarity or acquaintance with the employees of this bakery.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful Vanilla Slices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

There are a number of Waack's Bakery's in the Western District, all of them have the same high standards, serve good coffee and the award winning Vanilla Slice. YUM.

Visited September 2013
Ballarat, Australia
“breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

had lunch here it was lovely but disappointed didnt see the old lady from the tv ad it was delicious coffee and breakfast it was well worth the stop

Visited June 2013