“In a Thai restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Forest City, North Carolina
“In a Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We are so blessed to have such a good Thai restaurant here in Rutherfordton. The food is fresh and delicious. I have had the garden rolls and the spring rolls, but I think I liked the garden rolls better. And I have had the Green Curry, which was outstanding and the Drunken Noodle. Next time, I'll try the Drunken Noodle with the narrower noodles, but this was wonderful.
Also, it was quiet, unlike so many restaurants these days.

• Visited October 2013

West Jefferson, North Carolina
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Traveling through the area en route back from Atlanta and found the TA reviews on this place. We were the only ones in there, as they were almost ready to close. We ordered a fantastic appetizer, as summer roll type with a delicious clear spicy condiment. We then had two different curries and my 7 year old had the fried rice. It was all fantastic, spiced perfectly, fresh, plentiful, and satisfying! The waitress was helpful, the owner was friendly. I wish we lived closer!!!! Definitely the best Thai I have ever had. The actual restaurant was very quaint as well, and the town around it very cute and restored nicely.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Metairie
“Best food in North Carolina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After a week of spiceless food in western North Carolina, we were thrilled to stumble into the charming Rutherford Thai. The waitress, who was excellent, asked how hot we wanted it on a scale of 1 to 10. I chickened out from the 10 to the 8, but 10 would have been fine for me. My husband was fine with his 6.We like it hot! Other tables seemed very pleased with their 1 or 2. The food was the best Thai food I have ever had. It was very fresh and full of flavor.

And Rutherfordton was a delight. We were passing through but spent 4 hours.

• Visited August 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“Almost Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I discovered Rutherford Thai today while just cruising Rutherfordton for anyplace OPEN to have lunch on a Sunday afternoon. I love cozy little mom & pop shops so I immediately felt comfortable and liked the simple atmosphere.
The young waitress named Jullie-Ann was cheerful and really knew the menu backwards and forwards, which was a good thing, because the menu itself was a 12 page novella mixed with 4 pages of entree offerings, appetizers scattered across 3 pages with some of the entree pages inbetween, and was on the whole an unreadable mess. With entree prices ranging from $9 - $15, my first thought wass that they were a bit high, especially for lunch. But when I got my food (about 5min wait) I forgot all about the price.
Plate presentation was simple but beautiful. The veggies were obviously fresh and cooked to perfection. The dish which I cannot remember the name of included a lot of cashews, was pretty mild as far as spice goes, and was delicious from first bite to last.
The only disappointment was the custard I orders for desert. They obviously had preportioned then frozen it to be warmed up later. Themicrowave however left it too hot around the edges, and ice cold in the center. When I didn't finish it, the waitress was concerned and askedme why. Evidently she relayed my observations to the cook (who I assume was also the owner) who then came out to appologize, and offered to take it off my tab. The owner was all smiles and very friendly.
I have family in the area so I have good excuse to come back, and look forward to eating there again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Each Dish a Work of Art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

You can just tell the food here is prepared by a chef who has a genuine passion for food and its preparation and presentation. The ingredients were incredibly fresh and full of flavor. This is the first time I've ever had Thai tea and now I crave it. We had the garden rolls as an appetizer and never have I seen a more beautiful dish. It was like a flavor explosion in our mouths. I had the pad thai and my husband had the crispy duck. We made yummy sounds throughout the entire meal. Before we left the owner came out and thanked us for coming in. I said we were the ones who owed her a big thank you. We live 800 miles away but will find a reason to revisit Rutherfordton again so we can go back to this outstanding restaurant.

• Visited June 2013