“Each Dish a Work of Art” 5 of 5 stars

Rutherfod Thai
off Main Street, Rutherfordton, NC
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian
“Each Dish a Work of Art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

You can just tell the food here is prepared by a chef who has a genuine passion for food and its preparation and presentation. The ingredients were incredibly fresh and full of flavor. This is the first time I've ever had Thai tea and now I crave it. We had the garden rolls as an appetizer and never have I seen a more beautiful dish. It was like a flavor explosion in our mouths. I had the pad thai and my husband had the crispy duck. We made yummy sounds throughout the entire meal. Before we left the owner came out and thanked us for coming in. I said we were the ones who owed her a big thank you. We live 800 miles away but will find a reason to revisit Rutherfordton again so we can go back to this outstanding restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Lexington, NC
“Excellent Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Rutherford Thai is a small mom-and-pop place downtown. I ate there in a group of six diverse people, and we all greatly enjoyed our food. Almost all of us ordered something different. The food is cooked to order, which accounts for its high quality. The waitress was very helpful in guiding us toward the spiciness - or lack of it - in the various dishes.
The only glitch was that not everyone's food arrived at the same time, but the quality of the food atoned for that. We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013