“Great meal, friendly hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunnyside Hotel-Motel

Sunnyside Hotel-Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Broughton
Sunnyside Hotel-Motel
17 Bay Street, Port Broughton, South Australia 5522, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Port Broughton
“Great meal, friendly hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Myself and four friends dined here as our second choice after leaving another hotel in Port Broughton because of terrible customer service. this Hotel should have been our first choice to dine at, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, meal was great tasting and at a good price. will dine here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
victor harbor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We took this venue in a travel auction. Wish we had read the Marion Bay Whiskie review before we booked as that says it all, albeit that our experiences were not identical. Room was dirty,fittings were old,in poor condition, fridge was a disgrace and there were none of the usual basic tourist provisions - no t.v. programme ( the t.v. was that small you needed binoculars to view it from your bed) no local tourist info and not even the customary bible.We put up with it until day 3 of a 4 day stay when upon our return we found the cleaning had not been done - previous days it had received basic attention but not a full clean. The sanitary waste had not been removed and the toilet had been used and not flushed. We packed up next morning and left.
We advised the proprietor and to his credit he offered a free return visit which we have declined.
From other reviews it is obvious this accomodation is not up to standard. As very experienced travellers we have experienced a few roughies and this is right up there with the worst

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked three rooms for my staff to go and stay in whilst in the area for business, and they ALL checked out soon after checking in. Here are the highlights of their concerns: Mouse droppings in cupboards; dead bugs lying about the room; light above beds covered in thick dust; carpets not vacuumed; were told of special needs of customers but had not communicated this to staff or on reservation; fridge over iced, dirty and rusty; no provision of milk etc in two of the rooms; bathroom cupboards and shelves - peeling paint and dirty; bins had obviously not been cleaned around the lids and were filthy; the reception area (in the bar) has pictures of nude women in painted on football colours indicating an inappropriate place for work travel accommodation and finally the facility they were visiting in the area expressed genuine concern about the three female staff staying at the hotel due to its reputation. So, we cancelled their three rooms and managed to get them into nearby villas at short notice where they found clean, maintained and friendly accommodation.

Room Tip: Pick one at a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

It would appear that we were in the same room as MarionBayWhiskie .(2011 review)
Bathroom was as described,cracked sink , taps not working properly , dripping , couldn't turnoff.
Would not recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
marion bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

At first glance I didn't think it was too bad, after all it was only $80 a night, and we arrived at dinner time, so I was in a rush to get a meal before the restaurant closed. booked for 5 nts only stayed 4, had enough. I didn't use the pool as I don't see myself parading around for all to see, it's situated on the right as you drive into the carpark, very little privacy and a very small pool. The toilet did not flush too well. The bathroom was so small I had to dry myself in the bedroom, because my elbows hit the shower glass. The hot tap in the shower leaked very hot water and when we bent down to pick up shampoo bottle our hips were scalded with hot water plus the tap was then too hot to turn off. the shower rose sprouted water up onto the wall, this was remedied on day 3 of our stay, but then no pressure in the shower. The basin cold tap had very noisy problems, and was very stiff to use, if you have arthritis.. forget it. The TV was so small compared to the room size that the owners must have felt the need to screw it down, which of course meant that you had to watch TV on, or in bed, as you couldn't change the direction of the screen.Thats if you were lucky to see TV the reception was disgusting and a great place to put inAustar/Foxtel The kettle had to be filled in the bathroom sink which was a problem as it was bigger than the sink and would'nt fit properly, I noticed quite a nasty crack in the sink, which could have been caused from someone easing themselves around to get onto the loo. a very tight fit. toilet paper could have been produced from recycled, as I think the softening process was left out. also the normal hand washing soap dispenser is OK in public toillets but not too be used in a motel, especially in the shower. Guest soap[ doesn't cost that much surely? Everytime we went back to the room my husband caught his elbow on the window, time to modernise...start with sliding windows not push out. The carpet smell kept me awake at night, it looked new enough, but it stunk!! asked for crockery and toaster to room on booking, non provided. BBQ facilities very poor, raining on our stay, BBQ in full weather so we could not use it, without getting wet. The fridge in the room set on number 2 froze everything, when I complained to the owner about this, he just said "oh well, at least it keeps things cold". it seems thay have owned the place for three years, but they need to stay in them to get a feel of what the guests feel. This was our holiday, and I just left feeling quite depressed about the whole thing. The place needs some serius money spent on it, before I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Broken Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I knew when the door was opened and I spotted the orange and brown shag pile carpet that things were not good. My fears were confirmed when I noticed that the material head rest above the double bed was yellow from where people had put their heads. The bath room was the cleanest spot and I tempted to sleep in there. The doof doof music from the pub wasn't so bad as I had a few extra drinks before I worked enough courage to go back to my room. Locations was good though.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sunnyside Hotel-Motel? Share your experiences!