“Pleasant surprise in Penola” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Penola Station Restaurant

Penola Station Restaurant
48 Church Street, Penola, South Australia, Australia (Formerly Terra Rossa Wine Club)
+61 8 8737 3350
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Penola
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Balmain, Australia
“Pleasant surprise in Penola”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stuck for somewhere to go for dinner in Penola one night, we thought we should try Penola Station, but did so without any great expectation. Wow, were we ever surprised! Very modern design, with the inevitable wine barrels included of course, it both very clean and uncluttered. The service was first rate, tables well spaced so noise was limited, the menu was surprisingly broad and the wine list well balanced. We elected to try two entrees each for a change and were delighted by the presentation and the quality of the food. This is a must if visiting Penola!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Millicent, South Australia, Australia
“Fantastic night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have traveled from Millicent to Penola station on nuremours occasions to taste the great sensational tastes that come from the kitchen the pork belly is to die for.We also attended there Degustation the entire Menu was executed perfectly, all wines were matched exquisitely. This bought a whole new appreciation to wine & food. A Magnificent job by all staff especially head chef Tom. Also must Commend management for having good disable facilities hard to find at a lot of restaurants.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Penola
“A Locals View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Last review stated no locals review here. So here you go. LOVE this place, I eat at Penola Station at least once a week including take aways (my steak even done to perfection), which they do happily :) . I have never been disappointed. I refer a lot of people here and to my knowledge all are just as satisfied. We all know how great Pipers is and POW has some of the best pub food I have ever had, but the crew at Penola Station needs to be commended for giving Penola/Coonawarra another fantastic eatery and I for one will continue to enjoy their hospitality and incredible food and to recommend it to my customers and guests.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dont be so unkind to yourself”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I am so disappointed by my dining experience here. I have eaten here a couple of times previously and it has been average at best. I was really surprised to see it has rated so highly on Trip Advisor. I am keen to support local business (even though the locals dont rate this place) so went here for dinner with a couple of friends, but really wished we had gone elsewhere. The food was awful (I couldn't eat it all) and overpriced. $31 for my main. We all agreed we could have had a perfectly nice meal at the Prince of Wales pub for half the price or paid just a few dollars more for a fantastic dining experience at Pipers. I'd recommend either of those two places depending on what type of dining experience you're after, and give this one the bum steer.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in penola for a family get together, went to penola station for dinner Saturday night. Eight of us all had something different & all enjoyed our meals. Food great & very reasonably priced. Will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere