“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Nuriootpa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Barossa, South Australia, is famous for Australia's best Shiraz. Cellar door tasting is a must, why not taste by bike, TripAdvisor's number 1 bike experience in the Barossa. Barossa Bike will guide you with friendly local knowledge on the best of the Region. Barossa Bike delivers to your accommodation or you can pickup from Nuriootpa. Barossa Bike Hire includes 21 speed comfort bikes, helmet, bike lock, bottle cage, maps & emergency support. We also have a range of self guided tours. For sales & service of bikes, parts and accessories, Barossa Bike.
London
21 attraction reviews
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I visited Barossa at the end of October and did not want to do an off-the-peg bus tour. Luckily, I came across the Bike Hire website. Karen picked me up from my accommodation and off we went on bikes through the beautiful Barossa valley. The bike was very comfortable (I am not a sporty person), the weather was glorious and Karen was a superb guide. She has vast knowledge of wine and knows the winemakers. I asked her to visit smaller vineyards or vineyards that are not known in the UK. I got to taste some fantastic wines (thanks to Karen's connection also some vintage wines), we also visited a cheese shop, had picnic lunch at Maggie Beer's, cycled through beautiful landscape - I can't imagine doing a bus tour after this. It was a leisurely ride, we stopped for photo shoots whenever we liked the scenery, I could taste wine and not worry about driving, and by the time we reached the next winery I was fit again to do the next tasting. If you want something special, this is it. Highly recommended!

Melbourne, Australia
“FANTASTIC three day trip organised by Karen from Barossa Bike Hire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My sister and I wanted to organise weekend away from Melbourne but had left it all to the last minute. Not only did Karen from Barossa Bike Hire arrange our accommodation, bikes and maps but picked us up from the bus stop and filled us in on where to get the best coffee and meals in Tanunda. We rode from one vineyard to the next for 2 days on great bikes, filling our little baskets with delicious wine and coming back to a lovely, quaint, beautiful BnB. We would not have been able to manage such a perfect trip without Karen's help and would recommend Barossa Bike Hire to anyone. We'll be coming back with friends soon.

Adelaide, Australia
“Bikes & Bubbles - Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We've just returned from a Barossa Bike Sunset & Sparkles tour. The weather was fantastic enabling us to sample the best the Barossa can offer while riding some really comfortable new bikes that are obviously well looked after. Thanks Karen and Louis. Your thoughtfulness and enthusiasm made for a memorable experience.

Sydney, Australia
“Cycling with a difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I recently visited the Barossa Valley with friends and enjoyed the cycling holiday put together by Karen and Louis. As well as supplying brand new bikes and fun guide Ian we enjoyed lots of extras such as massages after the cycling and visits to the local lavender farm. Nothing was too much trouble for Karen - a yummy breakfast was provdided each day and a birthday cake arranged for one of our group who was celebrating a birthday while we were there. Karen put togetherr a great tour which really worked well and provided some great cycling around the quiet roads of the Barossa.
This is a fun and energetic couple who provide fantastic service. I highly recommend their services.
Christine - Sydney, NSW

Visited September 2011
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous service with every day being different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Just returned from 4 fabulous days cycling in the Barossa. Karen and Lewis went out of their way to be helpful. From picking us up from the airport, taking us to and from restaurants and adjusting our tour to suit our needs. Guide Ian was great and fun to be with.
Every day we did a different ride and every day was different. We visited wineries, foodie places, lavender farms and more! Highly recommended

Visited September 2011