We stayed for 3 nights and found Abbotsford Country House to great place to base ourselves for our time in the Barossa. The room we were given was exceptionally clean and quite large, and reflected the photos on the website. My only criticism would be the mini fridge being out in the open rather than in a cupboard a la most places I've stayed. The bed was comfy, with good quality linen and a fantastic sleep.
In terms of breakfast, it was good without being great - the poached eggs were overcooked on both occasions, coffee wasn't hot enough and some nice sourdough would have been good. The local muesli was brilliant however, and with the Scottish influence there were lots of options in terms of meats.
All in all, we really enjoyed our time in the Barossa and thought ACH was a great base to explore from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the Barossa at award-winning Abbotsford Country House. Enjoying breathtaking views and well-placed location to tour the Adelaide Hills and Clare wine regions. This fully hosted, Colonial Georgian guesthouse hotel has 8 beautifully appointed suites, each with substantial ensuites. Abbotsford promises an intimate stay and personalized service dedicated to a truly memorable Barossan food and wine experience. Includes: Full breakfast daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Abbotsford Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbotsford Country House Hotel Lyndoch
- Abbotsford Country Hotel
- Abbotsford Country House Lyndoch, Barossa Valley