“A true taste of Germany” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Lyndoch
Cuisines: Australian
Sydney
“A true taste of Germany”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The internal set up looks like a brewhouse. Try the bee-sting cake - really authentic German pastry. Had a quick lunch there. It's a pity they're not open for dinner.

Visited December 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Threw most of it out.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Rubbish. Considering they are in the produce capital of South Australia you'd think they would be sooooo much better. My 'Barossa pie had basically no beef mince. My custard tart was burnt. How can you even try and sell that? Rubbish..

Visited November 2013
Mildura
“Worst food I've ever had to pay for.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had breakfast as this place on Sunday morning.

It's expensive, $90 for the four of us (one vegetarian).

The orders came out and they had burnt the bacon on one plate, and missed the bacon and tomato on the other. The waitress argued with us as to what we had ordered.
I ordered an omelet as I wanted something light - it was literally floating in oil/melted butter, and was inedible. It tried to eat some off the top but it made me feel ill and put me off food altogether. I'm not a fussy eater, and rarely complain, but this food was really bad.
They put the sachet's of butter on the plate under hot food, so when it was opened it was liquid butter.
Despite our table being full of plates they tried to offload someone else's order on us - I wonder if those people ended up getting their meal.

Terrible. Never again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Clare, Australia
“Not what we expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Not really knowing Lyndoch all that well, we stopped at this bakery, because the sign said restaurant and bakery. Well bakery it may well be, but restaurant is stretching it a bit far. We sat in their booth, which was really uncomfortable. If the seat cushions were any thinner, we would have been sitting on the wooden bench My partner ordered Kransky with saurkruat and I ordered fish and chips. Well for $18.00 therer was one Kransky and the so called sauerkraut was just onion and who knows what. My fish and chips were just ok. As for the service, well that is another story. The woman behind the counter was extremely abrupt and certainly not very friendly. As we were leaving, I thought we would buy some German cake, but once again we were greeted with "Do you want something". in a most unfriendly manner. It is a shame that some people are in hospitality and yet they do not what it means.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Very ordinary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stopped off here for lunch. After I selected one pie off the list was told they didn't have one. Second choice, same thing. Third choice, none again. Finally scored one on my fourth selection. Yet a customer behind us ordered one that I was told was not available and suddenly there was one! The girl behind the counter seemed a bit confused. Wife ordered a curry pie and received a chicken pie. The pies were very ordinary. Mine a beef pie, I was expecting nice chunks of meat instead of the gelatinous tasteless filling that looked nothing like meat. Wife's pie was similar. Vanilla slice had very thick pastry and was very ordinary. Very disappointing and we will not be back.

• Visited May 2013