“Knowledge and service was great! Prices higher than retail” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Singapore
“Knowledge and service was great! Prices higher than retail”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We were in the Barossa for the Vintage festival and I thought a visit to Saltrams was a must. We go intending to buy, but we check prices as wel go. It's good to get a wine not available through retail or to pick up something familiar at a nice price.

Unfortunately Saltrams' prices were higher than retail (even in the 6+ category) so we walked away empty handed.

We paid for the premium tasting and there were some lovely wines, however I felt that the pricing was a bit rude.

Visited April 2013

US
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I posted a review on my birthday lunch here under the "Salter's" restaurant review. As I stated in that post, the fresh bread, olives and my favorite, the dukkah, was delicious! If you don't order a meal, at least order the appetizer to enjoy with your wine! It's a nice place to stop and get lunch in between the many winery visit's in the area.

Visited September 2012
Perth, Australia
“Good food but let down by service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Saltram's restaurant just outside Angaston is a good place for lunch. The restaurant is well set out but the acoustics are dreadful - we could hear conversations from almost every part of the room. As the wine tasting is in the same room, it sometimes spills over to the restaurant so try to pick a table that is well away from the cellar door sales.
We had not booked a table but had arrived early so managed to get a table, it's probably better to book as the tables soon filled up. Service was friendly but slow and not that efficient. For example I asked for a glass of wine with my main meal and had to ask about it three times before it was finally delivered.
Also my husband and I chose a chicken dish to share. We were on holiday so not set schedule luckily, as the dish took 40 minutes to arrive! It would have been fine had the server said to us that the chicken takes x amount of time to prepare but nothing was mentioned.
No problem with the food - it was delicious - the whole chicken was perfectly cooked and seasoned and the sides were excellent but one rosti between two people is not enough.
I would recommend the food but make sure that you have plenty of time before visiting Saltram's.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Nice place for a pepper jacks but not serving evening meals weekdays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat and stopped in. Unfortunately they didn't do weekday evening meals so we stopped and relaxed with a pepperjacks before continuing our search. Lovely atmosphere. Great glasses, delicious wine. Nice atmosphere. Will visit again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place to spend the afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Grab an outdoor table in the sun and couple of Pepperjacks. I had been a fan of Saltram wines and am glad that they have been able to master a wine drinkers beer.
The pizzas are tasty, however the menu could do with some expansion and creativity to better showcase the "local food" which South Australians love to talk up.

Visited March 2012