“Wonderful Day in the Barossa” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 Attractions in Angaston
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the famous Barossa Valley, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale or Adelaide Hills wineries and special places of interest in the luxury of late model, air conditioned passenger vehicles. Relax and enjoy internationally acclaimed award winning wine and regional food on personally tailored tours to suit individual needs in our Volkswagen luxury tourer( maximum 6). Whilst having recently changed owners, Tom and Tracy are confident that Barossa Epicurean Tours remains proudly family owned and operated and offers exceptional customer service.
Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Day in the Barossa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very easy to book this tour on line with very quick response. Barossa Epicurean Tours tailor makes your day so you only visit the wineries and attractions you want to see. We just gave Tom a list of the wines we were interested in and specified we would like to visit boutique wineries over the large mainstream.

We ended up having a marvellous day meeting great vintners, tasting fabulous wines, learning a lot and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. We stopped at Maggie Beer's Pheasant Farm for lunch (a must on our list) and had an afternoon coffee at Wolf Blass - such an iconic Barossa winery. Would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Visited September 2012
Barossa-Epicure, Manager at Barossa Epicurean Tours, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for the lovely review Lynne and George. It was a pleasure to host you both and the weather capped off a lovely spring day showcasing what the Barossa Valley has to offer. Our visit to well known wineries was balanced with family owned boutique producers and lunch at Maggie Beer's Pheasant Farm is always a treat.

Tom

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Exceeded my high expectations, thanks Tom!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My partner and I have just come back from our first trip to the Barossa and enjoyed every minute over there! I found Tom's details online and could tell from our initial phone call and his follow up email that he ran a very professional service! Tom was very punctual and courteous right from the moment he picked us up and the knowledge of the region he had to share with us throughout the day was just phenomenal! At every winery they knew Tom and greeted him and us with a smile, and wherever we went with him we felt 100% welcomed. Tom was also able to make adjustments to the tour on the day to fit in a stop at Henschke (upon my request). I would happily recommend him and his company to anyone looking for a professional, friendly and experienced tour guide! Thanks again Tom.

Visited September 2012
Barossa-Epicure, Manager at Barossa Epicurean Tours, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Matt,
Thank you for your generous comments. I enjoyed hosting Sarah and yourself, it was a lot of fun for me as well. Despite this tour itinerary being set (and because the Barossa offers such a large choice of iconic wineries) Barossa Epicurean Tours chauffeurs go out of their way to accommodate our guests wishes.

Kind Regards
Tom Teichert
Whakatane Nz
4 attraction reviews
“Tracey the Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Mike and I have experienced this company a few years ago and when when we decided to meet friends in Adelaide we knew who we wished to help us experience the Barossa. Tracey met us at the Novotel Barossa and from the very beginning she had us experiencing the taste of Barossa. Her knowledge is unsurpassed, never rushed, felt very much the small group we were and the attitude given and shared was lovely. A good honest and trustworthy person.
She asked where we wished to go gave her a few examples and she had our tastes and knew exactly which vineyards we would enjoy..
A good safe fun way to taste the valley and we will be using them again.

Visited August 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Barossa is Beautiful, but Tom Teichert sat in silence through most of the trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Barossa Valley is a beautiful place. Visit it, but don't ask Tom Teichert to be your guide. I choose him based on the review in Fodors and TripAdvisor. I don't remember him ever smiling or laughing. In fact, he seemed to begrudge driving my adult daughter and me to different places in the valley. Since I am from the US I didn't have knowlege of the area or wineries. When I asked him to make recommendation of the best places to go his response was, "How should I know, it's your day."

I found it very interesting when we walked into one of the wineries and someone said, "Hi Bob its been a longtime since we have seen you."

He is so poorly organized that he didn't get us to Maggie Beers in time to see the daily cooking demo.

Although his wife is listed as a tour guide she has a job in Adelaide. Maybe she would have been more willing to share information rather than wait for us to ask a question and then answer. After all isn't a tour guide suppose to talk as he drives or walks you through an area.

The wineries were staffed with wonderful people. Good thing since Tom's unhappy demeanor could have ruined the whole day.

Visited July 2012
Barossa-Epicure, Manager at Barossa Epicurean Tours, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
As one of few tour businesses that are quality accredited, we have systems that handle customer complaints. Given the tours was conducted 6 weeks before the review was posted and no complaint was forthcoming, we were amazed to find this review on Tripadvisor.
Our tours are set up to meet our guests wishes which are many and varied. In correspondence with our guests at the time of booking a month before the tour they were given the opportunity to have an input into their itinerary which was not taken up.
On the day of the tour it was determined that they wished to learn about behing the scenes winemaking so Tom booked the daily public winery tour, which unfortunately overlapped with the daily cooking demonstration at Maggie Beer. Before this he also took them into a vineyard to explain what happens before grapes are picked and processed at the winery. Likewise all wineries that had been visited by Tom on this tour had been visited in the previous week on his tours.
melbourne, victoria
4 attraction reviews
“Best Wine Tour in the Adelaide Wine Valleys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have just finished our third Tour with Tom, the last was of the Clare Valley and was a gem, previously we have toured the Barossa and Mclaren Vale and the Adelaide Hills, I would not go past his service and knowledge, all the wineries know him which is saying something when you consider all the Vineyards in the Three Valleys, I am looking forward to starting the Cycle with him in the future.

Visited June 2012