“Not a zoo - happy animals” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 10 Attractions in Yeppoon
Rockhampton, Australia
20 attraction reviews
“Not a zoo - happy animals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I visited here recently with my sister as neither of us had been in years. So many cute animals. The kangaroos are friendly - well, mostly - one bit my finger and stole my bag of food before charging after someone else (no harm done). It's nice to see the animals roaming around freely - even the emus mingle with the visitors. All the critters are obviously well looked after and relaxed. Much better than a zoo.

Fredericksburg, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful morning there! Animals are well cared for and well displayed. Kangaroos are roaming freely and tourista friendly--but not demanding!

Visited May 2014
Yeppoon, Australia
“Love the kangaroos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I grew up in an eastern country. I loved the animals and how tame the kangaroos were, the fact that I could stand next to them and continuously pat them was the highlight for me. I had a photo with the koala. Loved it, Loved it and will definitely go back and share with everyone.

Visited May 2013
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit here. I find zoos so depressing, this place was uplifting. The animals were well looked after, roaming roos, emus and birds were all friendly. Time your visit to catch the 1pm show.

Charleville, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Untouched by tourism! Worth the visit as kids can feed the animals as they walk around. Not commercialised at all.

Visited January 2014