Overall, I would rate our stay as average, some observations are:
1. When checking in, there was a line with more than a fifteen minute wait even though I had booked and paid online weeks before.
2. My partner and I went for just one night and paid $179 for the room. For 20 hours in the room, (2pm in the afternoon until 10am the next morning) I believe it is a bit overpriced.
3. Some sort of cooking facilities in the room would be nice. Even just a microwave would be good. The TV reception was a bit shaky as well.
4. Every time you want to go back to your room, you have to walk through the lobby where people are checking in and out. This isn't too bad, but if people are wet it could be a hazard.
Some of the better parts of our stay included:
1. The staff at the front desk, the activities counter and the restaurants were very friendly and approachable.
2. There were a lot of outdoor activities
3. The food quality was really good at both the Japanese Restaurant and the Billabong Restaurant for breakfast. Everything was really fresh
4. The staff member at the Japanese Restaurant that we were served by was very polite, friendly, and was very knowledgeable when it came to the cuisine.
5. Overall the hotel seemed organised and ran smoothly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close your eyes and imagine the sounds of the waves lapping the shore, of the wind rustling the leaves, the sun on your face, not a cloud in the sky and the smell of the ocean breeze. Now open them, look and feel. Set on 20km of secluded coral reef coastline, the resort offers something for everyone. The Resort's facilities include two international golf courses, stylish dining concepts,free activities, horse riding, wetland tours, rainforest canoe adventure tours and much much more. Go for a walk amongst the surrounding unspoilt bush and wetlands, home to some of Australia's most beautiful and rare wildlife, or stroll along our very own 20km of pristine beach frontage which looks out towards the cool clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef and tropical islands of the neighbouring Keppel Island Group. You could also choose to laze around in the sunshine with a refreshing cocktail. We have one of the largest freshwater pools in the South Pacific. Do as much or do as little, that is entirely up to you. Our aim is to provide a friendly and professional standard of service for all our guests, by providing unique facilities which blend harmoniously with the natural wonders of the unique environment which surrounds the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon Hotel Yeppoon
- Capricorn Hotel Yeppoon
- Capricorn Hotel Rockhampton