We have stayed at Capricorn Inetrnational numerous times over the years & understand the logistics of running a resort of this size when it is busy or when its quiet. We experienced both sides of the resort over a night's stay recently.
We arrived on a Sunday afternoon when it was packed & the service was poor. To order a snack we had to go to the main reception area to order. There wasn't enough staff, the meal took too long & the list goes on.
Breakfast the next morning was far more pleasant. Special mention must be made of the breakfast staff & the duty manager David who excelled at providng great service & restoring my faith a little in the resort.
Accor has recently taken over the management of the resort. The management were found wanting. There was no managers to be found on the Sunday, apparently they all leave of a week end? This showed as there was no leadership shown on the Sunday when the reosrt was extremely busy.
We room we stayed in was clean & comfortable. It had been recently refurbished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close your eyes and imagine the sounds of the waves lapping the shore, of the wind rustling the leaves, the sun on your face, not a cloud in the sky and the smell of the ocean breeze. Now open them, look and feel. Set on 20km of secluded coral reef coastline, the resort offers something for everyone. The Resort's facilities include two international golf courses, stylish dining concepts,free activities, horse riding, wetland tours, rainforest canoe adventure tours and much much more. Go for a walk amongst the surrounding unspoilt bush and wetlands, home to some of Australia's most beautiful and rare wildlife, or stroll along our very own 20km of pristine beach frontage which looks out towards the cool clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef and tropical islands of the neighbouring Keppel Island Group. You could also choose to laze around in the sunshine with a refreshing cocktail. We have one of the largest freshwater pools in the South Pacific. Do as much or do as little, that is entirely up to you. Our aim is to provide a friendly and professional standard of service for all our guests, by providing unique facilities which blend harmoniously with the natural wonders of the unique environment which surrounds the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon Hotel Yeppoon
- Capricorn Hotel Yeppoon
- Capricorn Hotel Rockhampton