“Just one night” 3 of 5 stars

You added Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon to your Saves list
Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Farnborough Road, Yeppoon, Queensland 4703, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Yeppoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Rosslyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stained carpets, mouldy bathroom and bad food sums up this resort! It's difficult to complain as my husband and I and our two children stayed here all expenses paid by my husbands company, however it's just so awful I can't help but write a review! On the positive side our 5 and 7 year old probably didn't notice as the pool area and water slide kept them very happy! I do feel for those who pay good money to stay at this resort as overall it is very, very poor.

• Stayed December 2012
MJackson_Capricorn, General Manager at Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Claire B

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused. I believe you may have been part of a recent incentive group utilising the resort and would like to work with you to rectify some of the concerns you have raised.

Please feel free to contact me on 07 49252500 to discuss further.

tannum sands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Fantastic Japanese restaurant, probably one of the best in Queensland! Great pool area. Rooms were comfortable but lacked that wow ambience. Still would go back because the location and facilities are everything a family could ask for. The kids loved the waterslide and the sand beach section of the swimming pool was great for the little one. The buffet breakfast was quite good with all of the standard breakfast choices offered for hot buffet and continental breakfasts. The pool area is extremely relaxing>

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear JulesTannumSands

I will pass on you kind comments regarding Tsuruya Restaurant to our very dedicated team in Tsuruya.

Singapore!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed there about a week ago as part of a large group. I agree that the property is old and requires some upgrading, however, that is not within the power of the ordinary staff to carry out. I felt that they were overall as accommodating as they could be and tried their best to maintain professionalism even during the busy periods. I would like to mention in particular one of the managers at the reception - Ms Childs who did not allow administrative procedures to get in the way of guest satisfaction. I had a slight issue during the night and she was the 3rd staff member I was directed to. Without hesitation, she reacted and obtained a very favourable result for me. Thank you Ms Childs!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Nitr0gen

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience at Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon. It is always pleasing to receive positive feedback regarding my team and I will pass this on. I will ensure Ms Childs is advised.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Avoided the Schoolies rush, and had a great getaway.
Everything was great, it all worked out very well, smooth transitions between check in and staff interaction. Great location
Just one problem, on the bridges it says "No jumping or Diving of Bridges."
Call me a grammar Nazi, but that should say "off" bridges.
Let me know if those signs get Changed. Good spelling, Yeppoon

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MJackson_Capricorn, Manager at Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Slegers13

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon.

Please note that we have taken on board your comments regarding the spelling issue on the bridge signage and will have this addressed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had quite a time of it getting someone to answer the phone to confirm our check in time. Also when attending reception, staff were just leaving the phone ring. (My pet hate). After going to room was horrified, carpet very stained and dirty, room smelled really bad. Furniture and furnishings so old, don't think they had been changed since it was first built. After complaining was shown 2 other rooms and settled for a room which was tiled. Everywhere there was carpet, it was very smelly. Was very disappointed with the rooms, however in the end it was an ok holiday, pool very good and activities in the resort itself also good. Staff also need to present themselves in a groomed manner, as found their appearance quite scruffy. Reception staff at their busy time need to have their phones redirected and answered elsewhere so they can attend to incoming and exiting patrons. No wonder this has been downgraded to a 3 star facility.

Dear Shortie1950
Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused. I also apologise for the delay in answering the phone, this will be addressed with our rooms division manager to ensure we re-train our teams on the best way to manage incoming calls.

Please be advised that this is not our typical service and I would like to assure you that we are taking this feedback on board.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had an absolutely wonderful time at the resort. The pools were great and the kids loved the waterslide. We played some mini golf and relaxed on the balcony. Had great service the whole time. We will be back...thank you for an enjoyable and worry free weekend away..

Jonathan Dean

Been to Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon? Share your experiences!