“A Good Night Out” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 10 Attractions in Yeppoon
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Footlights combines a brilliant 2 hour comedy show with a delicious 3 course dinner into 1 unforgettable night. Footlights, perfect for any occasion, or just a great night out. Footlights it's for you!
Mackay Qld
5 attraction reviews
“A Good Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Coming from an area that has not had a theatre restaurant for many years we were looking forward to this night and we were not disappointed. This is an intimate theatre restaurant that can cater for quite a crowd or as on our visit around 25 patrons. Sure, the meal is not from a 5 star kitchen but it's not supposed to be. It is a very well prepared small menu of truly home cooked food. The three course dinner was very tasty and the portions very good. It was like having Sunday lunch at my grandmothers all those years ago.

The show was just what we were expecting. A mixture of skits, story telling and good singing professionally presented in two parts. All this for around $50.00 a head. It's a steal for a great night out.

Visited October 2013
footlightsyeppoon, Owner at Footlights Theatre Restaurant, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed your Footlights experience and we look forward to your return visit.

Yeppoon, Australia
39 attraction reviews
“tired and outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

we went for new year eve
food fair
venue dated
review / floor show 30 years behind the times some funny moments
the audience attending - said it all - over 65 tired and jaded
Start doing some unique plays, Williamson or shakesphere get the young adults involved
go south and see what is happening today , it is no longer time for the British seaside holiday performances or faulty towers anymore move on you have the ability

Visited January 2013
footlightsyeppoon, Owner at Footlights Theatre Restaurant, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We don't think you understand the nature of our venue. We have a Victorian Era Theatre catering for 40's and over with vaudeville style entertainment, all original and extremely popular. This is why we have been running a successful independent Theatre Company for 35 years. People travel to our venue from all over Australia because we are unique.
Brisbane, Australia
“All my party had a great evening and a good laugh.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Lived in Yeppoon for 2 years ans never bothered to go before. Had some guests for the week end and my girl-friend booked us in. All us 4 had a good laugh, the plays are varied, interesting and quite funny. Some of the plays are in touch with today. The young girls are pretty good, so is the owner (not many people make me laugh but he did!) and bravo to them for keeping this show going for 33 years. This takes passion! $53 for a 3 course dinner with good entertainment you can't go wrong. Overall a very nice evening indeed.

Visited August 2012
footlightsyeppoon, Owner at Footlights Theatre Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review, we're glad that you and your friends enjoyed your Footlights experience and we look forward to your return visit.
Kaye and Garyth Walpole
Footlights Theatre Restaurant
Ipoh, Malaysia
“A BLAST because no word can replace the experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am from Malaysia and was in Melbourne and Canberra for 3 months for vacation. I have always wanted to go Yeppoon to experience the tropical weather akin to Malaysia during winter in Canberra. While I was looking for main attractions to visit, I found(on TripAdvisor) Footlights Theatre Restaurant is a must, must! So in sheer eager I called and arranged for a Saturday show for 2. Booking was easy and Garyth, whom I spoke to, was just a dear soul. Anyway, I got there on Saturday to find that there wasn't only both of us to enjoy the show. We were sitting with 16 other people who was as excited and keen as we were. We ordered couple of drinks at the bar(gorgeous bar staff), got to our table which was neatly arranged for us, ordered a beautiful homemade chicken and bacon pie. Huge portion!!! I was given more than what I paid, I must say. By the time, I was already excited, thrilled and overwhelmed with the energy the staffs had and welcoming they were. After having my clean, licked-shine plate carried away, the staffs got ready for the show. Imagine working as a waiter a second and then performer the another. They are born-talented people, let me tell you. The show was utterly spectacular and one must see it to experience it. We enjoyed all their 1372 comedy sketches(I don't exaggerate) they did for the night particularly, the marriage sketch and Mr Garbologist. I have never laughed till I choked on my own tongue, no joke! It was embarrassing. But the show was marvelous, brilliant, exciting, entertaining, hilarious and I was very truly talented people. Hats off to them.

If anyone reading this review and thinking of going to see them, please, I repeat, please stop thinking and just go. Booking essential by the way. Do not consider it as worth the money but it is a MUST DO because these people are dedicated to make their customer laugh and cheery and it is very healthy to have good laugh quite often. Every weekend would be a perfect dose! PROVEN.

To Footlights Restaurant, THANK YOU. THANK YOU for the great experience you have given us. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. We will be back.

I am a funnier person now, my partner reckons.

Visited June 2013
Garyth634, Owner at Footlights Theatre Restaurant, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you Bala, We are so glad that you enjoyed your Footlights experience and we look forward to your return visit.
Melbourne, Australia
“Footlights, the happiest place on Earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

There's something magical about Footlights, you walk in and you just can't help smiling! Maybe it's the atmosphere, maybe it's the look or maybe it's the wonderful staff...whatever the reason, it's just a place that makes you happy from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave! Footlights is without a doubt my favourite place to visit when I come to central Queensland. The shows are very clever and very, VERY funny! The food is all homemade and it's all excellent. Sometimes I still dream about their creamy pumpkin soup...I'm yet to find another like it! If you miss a show at Footlights you're truly missing out. I wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemy! Give it a go, I dare you! Trust me. Footlights is for YOU!

Visited April 2013
footlightsyeppoon, Owner at Footlights Theatre Restaurant, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, we're glad you loved Footlights as much as we do and we look forward to your next visit.