“Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 117 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Australian, Bar, Café, Bistro
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Centrally located at the popular Ferry Rd Markets in Southport, Spendelove Bistro & Bar offers a range of modern dining options, perfect for a business lunch or a catch-up date with friends.
Gold Coast
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

OMG, best breakfast ever, rosti with smoked trout - yum :)

And the service was awesome, I'll be coming back again and again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Lunch @ Spendelove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lunch with my girlfriend from Brisbane was lovely. Service great and food delicious. We both enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. We will return.

Visited May 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Disappointing quality & value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went for mothers day breakfast to be most disappointed.Food & quality very basic & bland with the price very much over the top . Was a regular customer but won't be returning

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Southport, Australia
“Wont be coming back!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Food was poorly presented. I was given a dirty cup for my tea. Chips were almost cold. Service was disorganised.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Darwin
“Hopefully it's getting better since we were there last month”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We visited on the Australia Day Weekend 2013. We had a coffee at Merlo next door - sensational!
My Dad suggested we try Spendeloves for breakfast as he had been many times in the past few years and loved it.

Big disappointment. Ordinary coffee, average breakfast. The thing that really pissed me off was that despite the appearance that they were really overstaffed - the service was ordinary. We ordered some breakfast on a wooden board that featured mainly vego stuff (avocado, tomatoes, fetta cheese etc etc) from a waitress who stared off into the distance while taking our order. (Annoying!) To our amazement 15 minutes later we received these giant plates of sausages, bacon, hash browns etc with a greasy lamb chop on top. It took me a sec to work out what was going on and when I called the waitress back she tried to argue that that is what we had ordered! When I insisted that it was not, she then switched tactics and tried to "up-sell" us to the meatlovers breakfast! Her exact words were "but... it's... BIGGER!" Normally I would laugh at this sort of thing but she was particularly humourless and charmless with us, so I stood my ground and demanded that we got what we asked for. Eventually we did, but it was a bit flavourless in the end. There was some fellow with a striped shirt who looked like he may have been the owner but he looked a bit hands off and out of his depth. A pity, as an intervention would have been appreciated.

• Visited January 2013