“Very peaceful, clean and great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Southport Tourist Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
Southport Tourist Park
You added Southport Tourist Park to your Saves list
6 Frank Street | Gold Coast Highway, Southport, Queensland 4215, Australia   |
“Very peaceful, clean and great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The park is small and friendly. The cabin was nice and clean and bigger that we expected. The pool is an added value for the kids. The beds are comfortable and really does feel like a home away from home. Would definately recommend this great little park for adults and families. Great value and location. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Whangarei, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

9 of us including a baby stayed in the Moby house. we enjoyed our stay, and the kids loved the pool. It was handy to everything,Dreamworld, Sea world etc.The house was big enough, and we cooked dinner most night, because the kitchen had every thing we needed. We will be stay there again.It was priced to suit our budget and the office staff were very helpful, with bookings for sea world etc. So thankyou everyone at Southport Tourist Park.Shannon

Room Tip: Good place to stay if you dont mind it being a basic place to stay. Found it was cheaper than some o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My partner and i were looking forward to staying in this tourist park. when we got the the kitchen area was covered in ants. by the time we noticed them the office was closed. when we checked out the next day no appolige or anything.
The park gounds were pretty covered in lovely plants. parking spaces were very tiny and we struggled to back out.
I wouldnt recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am a repeat visitor from Canada, having started staying here in the year 2000. I have returned every year except one since, and the welcome I receive from Dora and her staff is like coming home! The accomodation is clean and comfortable, the location is very central for all the local attractions. The owners are strict but fair. No loud parties or gatherings are allowed to disturb the neighbours, and some people object to that. If you are looking for an affordable, central, comfortable place to spend your holiday, this is the place. Love it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

the Greek lady that owns the place is very interesting and loves to chat.

We rented a 2 bedroom cabin for $140 a night. The cabins were great with a nice sitting area outside. We took our chairs and table from inside so we could enjoy the outdoors. The owner did not have a issue with us doing it as long has we put it back in in the evening and when we were not their so that if it rained things would get wrecked.

The kitched had plenty of room for cooking and everything we needed was supplied.

The pool area is very nice with a hot tub that cost a dollar for 20 minutes.

A cab ride from here to Surfers Paradise was about $20

There is wifi but it is expensive, Macdonalds is less then a 5 minute walk away and they have free wifi.

Room Tip: Go to Macdonalds for wifi
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Absolutely horrid experience trying to make a booking. I called up and spoke to a lady who could barely speak English and was very uncertain and non-confident. After finding a suitable room for two people for two nights I was handed over to a foreign gentlemen to give my credit card details to make the booking. This was extremely painful! I'm not sure how the letter L sounds like the letter O, but it was quite a mission to give my email address. I never received a confirmation email..
Then a few hours later a received a phone call from a third staff member who told me they didn't have any accommodation for us on one of the nights and had refunded my money. She didn't appologise, she just explained that the first staff member didn't realise. I asked about any other accommodation I could get and she couldn't help and hung up on me.
I checked my bank account and cannot see any activity other than that some money has been taken out (because it is a debit card). Still no confirmation or cancellation email. I better not get charged for a cancellation!
I cannot believe they could be so terrible at managing bookings, I see that other people have written many similar things about their experience. How pathetic. Southport Tourist Park, get your act together.
From a VERY unhappy traveler.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hi we have just recently returned from a trip to queensland and stayed at the Southport Tourist Park, we found it very close to all things like amusement parks and shopping and the waterfront, we were very pleased with the hospitality and the two storey unit in which we stayed. It was a great price and well presented and we will definitely be staying there again and we had 7 people stay in the unit and great for the kiddies also.

Thankyou!

Room Tip: Just depends on how many are going
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Southport Tourist Park? Share your experiences!