“A trip to paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sightseeing, dive and snorkel tour, semi-submersible reef viewing, island tour.
7 attraction reviews
“A trip to paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Lady musgrave island is one of the worlds loveliest places to visit and makes me a very proud queenslander.

The cruise company are excellent. Very laid back, friendly, organised, kind and know their stuff.

I've been on a few reef trips and these guys were up there with the best. The food is good and free flowing.

It is a little rough getting out there and I got quite sea sick, but staff looked out for me and gave me advice to feel better. Even though the trip wasn't the most enjoyable for me personally ( the rest of my group didn't mind it) it was most definitely worth that hour and a half.

It was nice to have the pontoon and great that there wasn't heaps of other companies in the same spot.

We were lucky to have a quiet day with only 30 on board, which meant it was a perfect cruisy day.

If you are umming and ahhhring, Do it!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Was amazing to snorkel with the tropical fish, and the Island was beautiful. lovely guided walk around and very interesting information about the native birds that nest there. the water was so clear was like a bit of paradise.

Brisbane, Australia
17 attraction reviews
“I love snorkelling and LM Cruises made it even better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The cruise out to Lady Musgrave was a little rough, but this was expected and we were warned (cruises either side of the day we went out were cancelled due to weather). While some of our travelling party were unfortunate enough to end up with sea sickness, the crew were fantastic - icy cold towels, plenty of supplies - you really couldn't fault them. Thankfully once out at the reef all sea sickness subsided and of course on the home journey no one got sick.
The food was great - plenty of it - cold meats and salads for lunch and tea, coffee, cakes etc for morning and afternoon tea. Soft drinks were available for purchase.
The island tour was good, but in hindsight I probably wouldn't do it again (but that's because I LOVE snorkelling and probably next time would just spend all the time in the water). The water is crystal clear, and there are plenty of fish. I found the snorkelling gear provided (and anti-fog spray used) to be brilliant!! On other cruises I have been on I seem to forever be cleaning my goggles so I could see clearly - I did not have to do this even once this cruise. They had all the equipment you could need. The pontoon made getting in and out of the water simple making it extra friendly for kids etc.
I'd definitely recommend this as an activity for the family!

Byron Bay, Australia
32 attraction reviews
“Great food, great service and beautiful reef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were pre-warned that the 1.5hr trip out to lady Musgrave island would be rough and the likelihood of being sick was high so sickness tablets were on hand.The staff were so amazing with those people who did get sick, my daughter was one.We were given lots of assistance,drinks,lollipops to get through it.Staff were so caring and helpful with cheerful smiles, nothing was a problem for them.
Once we arrived the tour was very well organized into groups that helped to avoid chaos as well as people missing out on any of the activities -snorkeling, island walk,sub,glass bottom boat ride.
I was very impressed with food on board the boat which was included in the price!we had morning tea, amazing lunch of salads and prawns ,hams+chicken, afternoon tea of yummy cakes and then cheese and crackers on the way back.I was far from hungry.
The whole day off was fantastic due to the cheerfulness of those organizing the tour.
I highly recommend the reef for a great day out for the whole family.

Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Good snorkel but horrible cruise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a good snorkel day although with two boats at one snorkel pontoon it was a bit over crowded on the reef. The boat trip to the island was horrible with almost every one sea sick. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The island walk was very interesting and it would have been great to spend more time on the island and perhaps snorkel from there.