“A favourite of ours” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
“A favourite of ours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I discovered this place just after it first opened and have been a frequent visitor since. We are a vegan household so when out our options are more limited. Peace Pies is a favourite of ours as the food is wonderful, the staff are lovely and best of all, it's friendly! The pastries are delicious, the burgers yummy, the smoothies and cakes are divine. I take meat eaters here and they thoroughly enjoy the food also so it caters to everyone. There are also a number of grocery items you can purchase to take home, including some of her frozen pies. Definitely check it out.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Peace Pies is incredible for vegetarians and everyone else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The savoury pies at Peace Pies taste like good quality, old fashioned pies. That they are vegan is an absolute bonus. But for me, as a vegetarian of 27 years standing, places that attempt to do a traditional Aussie pie for veggies, never get it right and so this is a wonderful gift. The pastry is beautiful, the filling is incredibly tasty - I usually get the 'hearty gravy', but they have a range of other pies too.

The quality overall is amazing - good quality ingredients and a very good price... and the service is exceptional. I've only eaten-in a few times, but have done take away on a weekly basis for the last year that they've been open, and the quality is consistently fantastic.

All of their food is vegan, but they also have gluten-free for people who have that food restriction, they also have raw and a range of other 'free' products. They have great cakes and slices and other desserts, as well as a C-food basket (play on seafood) which one of my young friends could not discern from a seafooody version. They also do smoothies and fruit juices etc, but I've not had them yet.

In addition to the things they make in the kitchen, they're a reseller of a range of vegan food products and their prices are very competitive.

I live in Redcliffe, normally. I've been traveling around the US and the UK for the last six months with work, and as always I've enjoyed traveling for the food experiences I can't get at home. But I nearly never try out savoury pies anymore, cos I have finally found the best versions I've ever had, and they're at home.

If you live in the Brisbane area, this is worth the drive. You can also get frozen pies to take home.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Having been vegetarian for a long time I was eager to try this place quickly after I heard about it.

Everything is vegan and it's all delicious! Even if you aren't vegan or vegetarian still go because the food is so full of flavour you won't think anything is missing.

The shop is a block back from the waterfront about 2 doors down from Coles. Definitely check it out!

They sell frozen pies for home plus other products too.

• Visited August 2013