“great breakfast by the water....” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“great breakfast by the water....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were visiting from interstate, and our friends recommended this place for breakfast. Busy on a Saturday morning, and there were 7 of us, but we were quickly seated at a table. Lovely setting for a leisurely weekend breakfast.

The meals came out promptly. One meal didn't have the fetta on it as described on the menu. When the waitress was asked about this, she said that it didn't come with fetta, but when it was pointed out to her on the menu, it was brought to the table promptly. The only other thing was 2 cappucinos were forgotten and we had to ask not once, but twice, for them to be brought out. They finally came, when most of us had finished our meals.

So besides a few mishaps, overall it was a good experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Very disappointed, expensive and very average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had heard great things about this place so thought we would try for ourselves.
$42 for lunch (club burger and thai fish cakes) and one drink (diet coke)
The fish cakes were rubbery, tasteless and oily
The club burger bread was dry and the tastiest thing on it was the slice of cheese

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Things have improved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I used to come to the Reef Point Cafe quite often with friends for coffee and cake, but stopped last year after we waited over 40 minutes for our coffees a couple of times, and the service seemed to be haphazard. It's a new year though, so fancying a breakfast out, I thought I would give them another try. There were quite a few people there, so obviously it is still very popular. The service this time was laid back but friendly. I ordered the Big Breakfast and a large flat white. Fifteen minutes from ordering I had my meal and coffee, both hitting the table at about the same time. Bravo! The Big Breakfast is certainly big! Lots of nicely cooked bacon, 2 eggs, 2 tomatoes, 2 little chippolata style sausages, 2 hash browns, 2 pieces of toast and sauteed mushrooms. Everything was well cooked except the mushrooms, which were quite overdone and I had a niggle with the eggs. One of the yolks was broken, but still served up. My feeling is that yolks are there to scoop up deliciously with your toast, and a broken one is a disappointment. Apart from that, no complaints. The price altogether of $22 was reasonable, the atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed, the coffee was excellent, and they had Worcester sauce available, a big plus for me! The position of this place almost on the beach is enviable. I think that things have improved here, so I will be coming again. Note though, that this was a week day morning, so I cannot say what the place is like on the weekends when it is really busy.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Relaxing Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went for lunch with my hubby. Loved the sea breeze and views. Certainly a hidden gem at Scarborough. Will bring my Mum back for morning tea. Staff were very efficient and friendly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“exellent position food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

this is only a small cafe on the waterfront. great position, managers Paul and Mandy are excellent hosts always willing to please, will go out of way to assist with dietary requirements. plenty of open area for chldren to play while close enough to be watched. great coffee open for breakfast and lunch. recommend highly to everyone.

Visited December 2012