“Very pleasantly surprised.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Mon Komo

You added Oaks Mon Komo to your Saves list
Oaks Mon Komo
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   99 Marine Parade, Redcliffe, Queensland 4020, Australia   |
Melbourne, Aus
“Very pleasantly surprised.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at Mon Komo and can't wait to go back. We stayed in a two bedroom ocean view room and I have one word, wow! The view was amazing and the room was as big as a house, very clean and modern with all the comforts of home including a full sized laundry with a washing machine and dryer which is what you need when travelling with a toddler! The beds are two singles joined together but were huge and very comfortable. The staff at Mon Komo were also absolutely amazing and were more than accommodating when we arrived early with loads of bags (two families travelling with young children). They arranged for one of our rooms to be one of the first to be cleaned so that we could check in early. Other reviewers commented on the noise from the bar downstairs and although we could hear it a little bit (on the 6th floor), it wasn't enough to bother us. If noise bothers you, it might be worth asking to stay on a higher floor particularly if you're staying on a weekend. Also if you are travelling in a group or staying in different rooms, bear in mind your room key won't let you access other floors - this is for security which I can appreciate. However we would just meet up in the foyer or ask one of the front desk staff to buzz us up to the other floor though so it was no problem. There is a shopping centre across the road with a Woolworths which was very handy and really good coffee at Zarraffa's in the same complex. Would definitely recommend a stay at Mon Komo.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear lozzjam, thank you for your great review and I am very happy we exceeded your expectations when you stayed with us. I agree the 2 bedroom ocean view apartments are large and spacious and perfect for a family get together. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked Mon Komo to celebrate our boy's 4th birthday, we compared many places and finally chose Mon Komo. We booked a two bedroom apartment staying for two nights. It was a spacious and modern apartment. It was also close to Settlement Cove Lagoon, my little boy enjoyed it very much. It was easy to access the parking and the room itself looked really big and sparking.

There were however a few downsides 1) the kitchen implements were of poor quality compared to this modern apartment 2) not enough space to hang towels or bench space for toiletries in the bathroom. 3) it was quite noisy at night, even after 2am we still heard loud music coming from the downstairs' pub. 4) On the 5th of December we tried to check in early but we were told the room wasn’t ready so we when to lunch and returned just before 2.00pm, normal time & the room had only just become available however we were still unable to get a higher floor, although we had previously requested a higher floor which was very disappointing. (we stayed at second floor)

We really enjoyed our stay at Mon Komo and would come and stay again. Please provides any tips to stay at a higher level with a better outlook & less street noise?

Room Tip: Higher floors will be less noise. But we don't know any tips to stay at higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Iris C, thank you for your review and I am glad your son enjoyed his 4th Birthday at Oaks Mon Komo and the facilities around us. I take your feedback on board re kitchen utensils, of which we provide a set of most common items in a kitchen. While we try and accommodate early check ins it is not always possible as we need a few hours to clean the apartment and we are usually busy. Higher floor 2 bedroom apartments are ocean view apartments and that room type needs to be booked to guarantee a high floor. I hope to see you return again in the future.
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in a hotel room for one night as we were attending a Birthday party in one of the function rooms. The property presents as new and everything is sparkling and clean.

Our room had a small balcony and a huge bathroom, the shower had an interesting pebble floor which I really liked. A microwave and small fridge (no mini bar) was included and everything was exceptionally clean. The widescreen TV came with free Foxtel (cable) which was a nice inclusion and 30 minutes free Wi-Fi was offered as well.

The accommodation entrance is separate from the entrance for the restaurant and function rooms which could make accessing them a little tricky in inclement weather, on the other hand this does mean that the lobby is not clogged up with restaurant and function patrons at busy times which is a good thing.

The Birthday function was in the Antigua room on 28/11/14, yummy finger food was served and our Waiter (Ryan, I think) was exceptional with nothing being too much trouble for him!

This hotel is a very good choice for those requiring quality accommodation in Redcliffe.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear billichka, thank you for taking the time to review Oaks Mon Komo, it is very nice to receive positive feedback on our housekeeping, which has been passed onto them. I hope to welcome you back again very soon. Just for your information, functions can be accessed via level 1 in the hotel.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed new Years eve for one night and it was absolutely lovely. The rooms are clean and tidy, beautiful views of the lagoon and Redcliffe beach, very friendly staff. Close and walking distance to Redcliffe beach, and all the surrounding shops. Had a very pleasant stay, price was fantastic for the night, would highly recommend.

Room Tip: we had a room in the middle and it was great not much noise at all, great family resort.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Angelina M, Thank you for your review of Oaks Mon Komo, it is nice to hear you enjoyed New Years Eve and the location, I hope you return again this year.
Dalby, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

We attended a wedding and stayed overnight. It was really comfy and the apartments were so large you could actually live there. 1 thing was the security, it became a problem as we were part of a wedding and wanted to visit family on different levels but you could not get there as you can only access the level you are staying on. The staff were nice and a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: make sure every one gets a swipe key.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
OaksMonKomo, Manager at Oaks Mon Komo, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Dear Nicole B, Thank you for your review, while it maybe inconvenient with no access to other floors, this is for all guests security and is a feature of most hotels. I am very happy you enjoyed the weekend and the wedding was a successful event, I hope to see you return again one day.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I had to travel to Brisbane a short while ago and had in the back of my mind that I would stay at Redcliffe. I saw the Oaks Mon Komo as I drove in and as luck would have it, was able to make a reservation through the Qantas Website. From the moment I checked in I felt very welcomed and very at home. The room was more like a one bedroom apartment than a standard hotel room. It came complete with a kitchen and laundry. It was spacious and modern and very very comfortable. I took advantage of the restaurant area downstairs and can honestly say that I was very well taken care of. The staff in the dining room are to be highly commended for their courteousness and professionalism each time I dined there. The food was of a high standard and the seafood gumbo was quite delicious.
I would recommend Oaks Mon Komo to anyone visiting Brisbane and can honestly say that next time I am travelling to Brisbane I will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Corinne H, I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the great review, it is very nice to receive feedback. I agree the 1 bedroom apartments are perfect for business stays and offer guests some home comforts. I hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The quality and cleanliness of the rooms combined with the view and the unexpectedly reasonable room rates made this stay one of my favourites. My stay was, regrettably, purely business and so I had no opportunity to properly relax in the room due to lack of time but I will definitely be returning to Mon Komo for pleasure in the future as well as continuing to stay for business.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Matt S, thanks for reviewing Oaks Mon Komo, I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and you should definitely come back and stay again for leisure, to fully enjoy again all Mon Komo has to offer.

Been to Oaks Mon Komo? Share your experiences!