“Great location wasted on this restaurant” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Great location wasted on this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This should be a fantastic restaurant, located right on the beach at Suttons Beach, Redcliffe. It looks good, too, especially at night, with its outside tables and lights. But everything else lets it down: unfriendly staff, terrible service, and less than average food. What a shame! I called in for coffee, and the waiter was exceptionally rude to me - he thought he was being smart. Against my better judgement, I agreed to go there for dinner on my birthday. We were mightily disappointed in the lack of service, and in the quality of the food. We won't be going back. Ever.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Sydney,
“Fresh fish - no way! Low grade dog food in a world class location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had lunch with family and friends at the superbly located Sails at Redcliffe. The location is magnificent. That is the good bit. 1 steak was ordered medium rare and came as a burnt offering, several cocktails were made with the completely wrong ingredients and my 'fresh crumbed cod' was not going too bad, (nice and warm) till I got to the middle of the piece and it was cooked, but just above frozen! i.e. the only explanation is it was pre-cooked and THEN frozen, then reheated (badly). Fresh? No way! Lining up to order meals and drinks like cattle isn't to classy either. At least at a McDonalds the food is cooked/not frozen, and that is the point it is probably not as good as a McDonalds but they obviously trade in the location and the fact families go there for a special occasion and are loathe to complain and spoil the occasion (as we decided to do).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Moreton Bay, Bayside Briz-Vegas Baby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Al fresco dining if you prefer, or inside under cover if need be. Think up-market fish and chips, or chicken-ceasar at the beach, in the park, with sunshine and the casual outdoor Australiana experience at it's best.

The has been excellent with fresh ingredients and large healthy portions (I'm 6'2" and 100kg).

I have been back with my friends and family in tow, as it's a convienient distance from our home in Brighton. The food has been consistent in quality and presentation and always comes to the table with a fresh sunny disposition. :-)

It's set in a charming Art-Deco building right on the water in a quite protected baylet called Suttons Beach. The building was recently renovated so it has a clean, modern feel.

For mums and dads it's a short 5 minute walk North along the bay to baby-friendly bathing pools. These are awesome, like a water-fun-park with swings and an icecream van parked in the middle...in summer it will be packed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Very Surprised after Bad Reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

When our friends booked a table at " Sails" I checked Tripadvisor and on that was convinced I should get them to cancel................but I did not and I am very pleased I didn't!!
Saturday night and we arrived at an empty Restaurant which is 50metres from the sea ....alarm bells ring!!!!
We were greeted by a smiling young lady, given a choice of tables in a Restaurant that is spacious and pleasantly decorated with art works by local artists. We received full table service .....no going up to the counter and order and pay as previously noted by other correspondents.

The food was served promptly and good quality. Wine service was also very good. When questioning the dessert we were advised that what we got was what they do at the Airport , so it is obvious that these Restaurant is owned by an Airport concession . This left me with a nagging thought, " Was our meal made fresh on the premises? "

We enjoyed our meal, the service was great and price reasonable and this Restaurant should be full every Saturday night. Time the owners got there act together ....keep delivering good food and great service and let the world know they are doing it , in a quality restaurant in a great location.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have been here many times, but perhaps it has changed hands. There is No longer table service. The prices have been dropped to reflect this, but unfortunately the standard of service has also dropped.
One of the waitresses was quite rude and should not be in a service industry in our opinion. We made several complaints and she did not even apologise. Entrees and mains were served at the same time. Some food was cold. Most of it remained uneaten.
We will not be returning. Previously it was one of the few classy restaurants on the peninsula. Lets hope someone else picks up this gap in the market.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere