“Nice alternative” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Redvue Luxury Apartments

You added Redvue Luxury Apartments to your Saves list
Redvue Luxury Apartments
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   83 Marine Parade, Redcliffe, Queensland 4020, Australia   |
“Nice alternative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visit this area a lot for work and usually stay at the Mon Komo. This trip that hotel was fully booked so I was booked into the Redvue. I was a little apprehensive based on some of the reviews.
I can see the check in being a little 'difficult' for some as it closes at 6pm. The guy at the counter certainly isn't an inspiring type, but got the job done.
The rooms are pretty nice. No obvious issues. I was curious about some of the reviews mentioning soap.....And yes I had 2 bathrooms an 1 tiny piece of soap.....Funny at the time!
Other than that it is a serviced apartment. Some people cant grasp that concept. It IS different to a hotel. I was happy overall and would stay again (if Mon Komo was full)

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After a very long 12 hour drive from Sydney we were so happy to arrive at our destination. It looked beautiful, across from the beach, perfect location for everything.
The guy at the front desk was a little bit abrupt, however, he informed us that we had the best room in the hotel for the next week and a bit of our stay.

Much to our surprise, upon entering the Penthouse, we assumed that they gave us the incorrect keys to a room as it looked like people were still staying there. The floors were all marked and filthy, with dirt and food crumbs on the floor. The bathroom had urine stains all along the bottom of the toilet and on the floor, and as my 2 year old needed to go to the toilet, we noticed poo stains in the toilet!! with not even a new toilet roll. The shower had soap scum along the glass and tiles. Hair was on the floors and the room had a dirty feel and old smell.
We did inform the man downstairs about our room, he contacted the people who run the cleaning company. When they arrived, the were utterly disgusted in the state our room had been left in. They roughly wiped over the toilets and benches and promised us that our room would be thoroughly cleaned while we were out the following morning attending the Funeral. Upon returning our room had not been touched. It took another phone call and a visit to the man downstairs to get something done.

It was such a disappointment, as this was our only option for accomodation as we were driving up for our Father/Grandfathers funeral which was located nearby.

We would certainly not recommend these apartments to anyone, and if this is your one and only option, inspect your room prior to paying.

Room Tip: Penthouse is a great size, however, DO NOT PAY until room is inspected!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had 3 bedroom apartment and it was great. The old fault I would say it that we did not have enough soap provided. Pool was cold though even though it was heated but it did not matter too much as we were so close to the beach and the parks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Having decided last minute to spend a night away from home( but not travel too far) we booked into Redvue as they had one 3brm waterfront apartment left. I have stayed here before 2 years ago and knew the position was great and the units were big, modern and look across the beautiful moreton bay to moreton island. Perfect for drinkies while watching the sun go down. Unfortunately when we arrived our welcome was far from warm, more robotic. Imagine our disappointment to walk into our apartment to find it untidy. The floor had not been swept or mopped, the tables had marks all over the glass, the stove still had food spills, there was still left over food in the freezer from the previous guest - YUK! The lovely large patio had cigarette ash all over it. But to top it off, there was not one cake of soap in either bathroom!! No little milk in the fridge, 2 dried up coffee sachets and 2 old looking teabags & 2 wrinkly sugar sachets.The bath plug did not fit-uesless. After tidying up myself a bit, we did get to enjoy the views and our time together alone, but I would never come back. I would suggest to view your room before paying. I didn't because I had stayed before and was pleased with our apartment, this time not so much!

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront and ask to view the room before paying.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
alexandra headland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great location for a holiday at Redclife. With ocean views we had a corner 2 bedroom apartment that looked north (apartment 32). At night it was a beautiful site. The apartment was spacious with all amenities required. It was clean and the reception staff were extremely helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Launceston, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed in a two bedroom apartment with my 8.5 month old baby for two nights. The apartment was beautifully furnished and had plenty of room. It did have a sewage odour throughout for our entire stay.

The owner of the apartment (Steve) was accommodating of my baby and was helpful, although smelt strongly of alcohol when I checked in. Also, while he did provide a porta cot for use, he did not go to the effort of setting it up for us like every other serviced apartment/hotel has (we have travelled a lot with our baby). I didn't see him for the rest of our stay. Another man in his late 40's/early 50's was in his place for the remainder of the time - I recognised who he was in previous reviews. He was abrupt and appeared bothered when he had to provide service. He was accompanied by another lady servicing the front desk who was far more pleasant.

Disappointingly, there was no room service. Given the price, I took for granted there would be room service. The bins were overflowing after our two night stay. I had to ask for extra dishwashing detergent as only enough for one wash was provided. When I mentioned that the room service skipped our room, the aforementioned lady told me that no room service was available as it was a 'self-catered apartment'. I have stayed in this type of accommodation in the past and have always had basic room service provided. I asked if the lack of room service was mentioned on their website (my husband booked my room so I had not seen the website at that point) and she said it was likely alluded too on there. I have since checked the website and cannot see any mention of there being no room service.

The apartment was neat, but not particularly clean in the living area.

Unless the service improves, I would not return to Redvue Apartments. It's a shame because Redvue is in a wonderful location and has great potential.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed in the Penthouse with a few girlfriends for the weekend and found it to be of a very high standard.It was very comfortable, relaxing and beautifully decorated. The Penthouse had some great lighting features, plenty of room, everything you need during your stay and a great outdoor entertainment area!! The location was great with just a short walk to the water and some fantastic resturants. We had no problem with the car space or front reception. The Penthouse will not disappoint!!

Room Tip: Go for the Penthouse as it is well worth a few extra $$$.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Redvue Luxury Apartments? Share your experiences!