“not so authentic....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 46 Restaurants in Nerang
Cuisines: Italian
“not so authentic....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I bit the bullet and gave Capri a shot. The shop front doesn't inspire, but the food reviews have been positive. I didn't have the same result. Nothing of the atmosphere screams Italy. The food could have been good, but some errors in the final product really let it down. The pasta wasn't fully cooked, the sauce had a little to much of something, the pizza was a little over priced for the quality. I wanted to like it, but it does just feel like a cash grab takeaway.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Extremely disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Capri was on the Grabone website offering vouchers for pizza, dessert and corkage for two people for $19.00 - two people per voucher.
As I was going there on holiday to visit family I thought it would be a great idea to go somewhere different - even if Nerang was out of the way from where I was staying.
I had purchased two vouchers and we decided on the Friday that we would go there on Friday night - there were 3 of us with two vouchers.
When my niece rang to book we were told that they would not accept our booking because we had to book 24 hours ahead. She advised them that there was no where in the fine print that we had to book 24 hours ahead and that I had purchased the vouchers through NZ, was returning home the next day and we wanted to use them.
The person on the telephone advised that we were obliged to book 24 hours ahead otherwise Grabone would not pay them and that was why they would accept our booking. We suggested that they could put the vouchers through the next day and it should not make a difference.
The restaurant was not prepared to budge on this and consequently we hung up, totally mystified - it is our opinion that Capri did not want to take vouchered customers over full paying customers on a Friday night. If a restaurant is not prepared to work within the boundaries of the voucher then they should not bother doing the promotion.
We laid a complaint with Grabone - after explaining what had happened they advised us that Capri had violated the conditions of the voucher and they would refund the amount of the vouchers purchased.
I have since received a voucher refund, and am extremely happy that the situation was sorted out promptly by Grabone.
Unfortunately this experience has left a bad taste with us and did not need to happen.
Of course we will not go to Capri in the future and will not be recommending this restaurant to anyone we know - most unfortunate.
They may also like to think about giving their employees some training in customer service - especially in the area of telephone service.

• Visited September 2012
Brisbane
“Don't judge a book by it's cover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

After purchasing a $40 voucher from Spreets, our first impression of Capri Pizza in Nerang were "Err is this the right place?" The front entrance looks like a Pizza Delivery chain and the 6 white tables and chairs and fluorescent lighting didn't help to create the Italian restaurant ambience we were expecting......BUT...the food was REALLY good.

Starter : A fresh, simple but delicious Anti-Pasta plate to share. Cheese, Salami, Salad, Olives, Sundries tomato's

Mains :

Garlic Prawns on Rice with Salad - Great portions, perfectly cooked prawns, divine garlic sauce.
Seafood Marinara - Great portions, tasty tomato sauce with a nice selection of seafood

Desert : Sticky Toffee pudding with Ice cream : Perfect portion size (not too big after the main courses) light and tasty.

After a few glasses of wine (BYOB) and excellent food and service accompanied by some easy listening music, quickly made up for our (somewhat disappointed) first impressions.

My girlfriend even left a tip!

We will definitely return and recommend to friends as a great "traditional Italian food" restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Biggera Waters, Australia
“Food OK, Location Terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We went on a Scoopon for this restaurant and was completely shocked at the location of this place. It sits underneath a set of shops on the road and even though the Nerang River is it's view, they do not utilise it within the restaurant itself. Once inside you feel like you are in a tiled basement seating area with no windows to look out of.
The food was respectable. No nasty surprises with the pasta and pizza. How wrong can you go with these two foods?
If the premises was in better state with at least some redeeming feature the meal may have gone down a bit better.
There are other places on the coast that offer similar fare with a much nicer atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ormeau, Australia
“So very delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Would not have heard of this little pizza restaurant in Nerang but bought a $19 deal on one of the websites which was for pizza or pasta, salad and dessert for 2. Thought I had nothing to loose so gave it a go, and so very glad I did. My friend had the prawn pizza which was amazing and I had the carbonara equally as good. It came with a small italian salad, which was fresh and delicious. We then had vanilla panacotta served with a raspberry coulis, very refreshing. I think this little place was wonderful and cannot recommend highly enough. It sits kind of behind buildings in Station St Nerang so a little tricky to find. If in the Nerang area I highly recommend you try this place.

• Visited January 2012