“don't let the looks fool you” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Roxboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Durham, North Carolina
“don't let the looks fool you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Pulling into the parking lot I didn't know what to think. After walking inside I was beginning to wonder if this place could possible be as good as I've heard. Well, it was. The food was great and the salad bar (even though it's small and right next to the ice machine) was fresh and very good. I'm very picky about my ranch dressing and theirs was great. Don't let the older look (inside and out) turn you away. Our server was very attentive and friendly. We sat around the corner where they have 4 booths because the dining room was packed (and a little loud). When we left there were people standing outside just waiting to get in.

Visited July 2013

“Not somewhere I would go again...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

When you arrive the smell of old grease is overwhelming. Interior needed updating twenty give years ago, food was average and way overpriced. Service was poor. Lots of really obesse people seem to like it...?

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Four friends and I dined here on New Year's Eve. We arrived early (6p.m.) to avoid the anticipated crowd and we were seated immediately. Another friend and I ordered the 8-10 oz. ribeye. I was very disappointed as the quality of this cut of beef was not good. My friend was also very disappointed. There was so much fat in my steak I felt like I was performing surgery in order to eat my meal! I drank water with my meal. My check was a total of $20.46, which I would not consider worth the money. Two other friends ordered the N.Y. Strip, which was a much better cut of beef for a few bucks more. Our other friend ordered fried catfish and steamed vegetables as her side, which she said all was delicious. Ending this review on another positive note, the hostess, waitress, and cashier were very friendly and hospitable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roxboro, North Carolina
“Good Steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The saladbar is great along with the delicious steaks. Atmosphere is lacking. Large noisy rooms with lots of people. Mixed drinks, beer and wine.There is one room which is smaller. Ask for that one. Nice enclosed porch for large group.

Visited December 2012
Virginia
“A tired old idea of a restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is reminiscent of restaurants of the 50's, grease on the oilcloth tablecloths, tired, stained carpeting. The salad bar ingredients are pale, watery, the food looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. We didn't stay after being seated at a slimy table and a look at the menu and salad bar and the plates of food at other tables. Skip this one!

• Visited October 2012