“Wonderful wonderful wonderful!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emu Park
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful wonderful wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We were rescued by Paul the day before new years eve as we were trying to get out of Rockhampton due to the floods. As the greyhounds werent going I couldnt think about going back to Rockhampton YHA which was AWFUL!

Paul spoke to those stranded at the bus stop and we decided to use our free night that we had with the greyhound pass at Emus Beach.

When we arrived we couldnt believe our luck. This is a beautiful hostel, if not a hotel, with a lovely pool, its own bar a great communal facilities. Paul and his family were so helpful for those of us stuck and we ended up having a great new years party.

The rooms were lovely and ours had our own balcony and a fridge as well as ensuite facilities.

I'd go back here again for sure. It was such a pity we couldnt take advantage of the snorkelling as the flood water clouded everything.

Room Tip: use your greyhound bus pass for your free night
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here for a night on the way up to Airlie Beach. Loved the look of the Capricorn Coast, especially the road from Emu Park to Yepoon. As for the hostel, mmmm, the room initially looked great. However the double bed was two beds joined together (I hate that) and I also hate it when the bed quite literally, moved without much encouragement. I also didn't like the big warning sign as I entered the place - ''DO NOT BRING ALCOHOL BEYOND THIS POINT, WE ARE A LICENCED PREMISES!'. The place served its purpose, though I would stay in Yepoon next time. This def is the last hostel I will ever stay in - I'm too old at 31.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
EmusBeachResort, Owner at Emus Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
It's a shame that you didn't enjoy your night here with us at Emus Beach Resort. I am sorry that you don't like King Size Beds, which are predominately 2 singles joined together with a comfortable overlay. This is pretty standard in most hotels I've stayed in, and we've tried to make our hostel a bit more than a standard backpackers by implementing bigger and more comfortable beds, without increasing the price. Our rooms are still one of the cheapest in the region.

We have the "No alcohol" sign in place as you walk into the resort for the fact that our resort is fully licensed and therefore, we are responsible for everyone drinking on the premises. If you were to bring in your own alcohol, drink to excess and then have an accident, we are liable. The purpose of the sign is to let you know that you can buy alcohol from us and drink it within the resort, however, our staff, who are all RSA trained, can control excessive binge drinking and try to avoid any alcohol related accidents. I do applogise if the sign offended you, however, it's in place for the protection of guests and staff alike.

We are truly sorry that you won't be staying in hostels anymore, as we try to create a friendly and social atmosphere for travellers of all nationalities and ages. We have loads of older repeat guests, up to their 70's and 80's that come and stay time and again, as they love meeting the younger guests from other countries over a couple of beers at the bar. And the backpackers enjoy meeting and chatting to Aussie travellers, as that's what they came to our great country for.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel has a lot going for it, newly renovated with a bar, pool and laundry facilities. Even though I was in a quad share the room was big enough for 4 single beds, no bunks. We had a big bathroom with plenty of space for all our toiletries. Great for an overnighter but not a lot to do in the area to warrant stopping for longer. Paulie’s BBQ dinner with after dinner shots was great and he was good enough to do BBQ breakfast as well.

Room Tip: Best not to get a room near the bar.
  • Stayed May 2011
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I was travelling through Australia last year, and completely forgot to write a review. I have never seen such dedication, and hospitality from such a lovely group of people as I have at Emus Beach Resort! It was amazing. The room was impeccably clean, spacious and there was only 3 beds in the room (not 12, like most places). It was affordable, there was a pool and lovely lounge areas as well. There is also a complimentary shuttle service provided which was great for travellers who have no idea where they are!

I unfortunately came down with the flu while away on vacation, and was out for a few days so I was not able to enjoy Great Kepple Island which sounded amazing. Since I had come down with the flu, one of the lovely ladies that worked there, told us we could use the room for the remainder of the day (as no one was checking in), and she knew I wouldn't be able to cop with the hot sun outside all day. It was absolutely amazing service, and I work in the hospitality industry as well, and have never seen such amazing service! Thank you again for all of your help! :) TOP NOTCH! I wish I could come back to Australia, only to stay at Emus Beach Resort!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Rockhampton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We have stayed here a couple of times now for a short family holiday. At the front of the resort are several hotel style rooms with their own bathroom. For $110 a night (a bargain to accomodate a family these days)...our room was basically a medium size room with a double bed and two single beds, a fridge, a TV and a balcony with a small table and chairs on it. Beds were comfy. Bathroom is lovely and shower is great. Make sure you get a room with aircon as it gets pretty hot and humid. The pool area is fantastic, although some sort of shade cover would be good - its right out in the sun. We utilize the kitchen area which is basic and a litte cramped, but well stocked with all the essential cooking equipment. The dining room/lounge room is nice and the huge verandah overlooking the pool is a wonderful place to enjoy meals. There is a bar in the resort which seems to operate more or less on demand. We have enjoyed meeting lots of different people from all parts of the world here. It is within walking distance of shops and beach. The owners are quite nice and helpful although their dog roaming around freely was a litte disconcerting for people afraid of dogs!
All in all, a great cheap getaway for anyone wanting to spend some time at Emu Park - a beautiful, quiet seaside town. While you are there, head down and see Vicki (within in walking distance), the local massage therapist who does lovely treatments !!

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Emus Beach Resort? Share your experiences!